• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Personal Most Anticipated Game

Kirino

Tatakae
Skyward Sword. I would search every corner of the internet to dig up any information I could find. Currently, it's Resident Evil 6. The game looks fantastic, and I think it's going to be the best RE yet.

The most recent game that I followed meticulously was The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Now, it's either Borderlands 2 or more information on the Wii U console itself.

I've highly anticipated many games in the past. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (after my Melee addiction), Halo Reach, and The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword come to mind. I'm not expecting too much out of this year especially since the generation is rapidly coming to a close.

Like Koosholts I scavenge for information regarding the Wii U console itself and my most anticipated game of the year is Halo 4. I'm a huge fan of the franchise and this romp appears to be a complete redefining experience in terms of gameplay, graphics, and customization. It's my personal hope for Game of the Year and has lived up to my expectations and then some.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
For me The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword has been my most anticipated and hyped game ever (so far).
I never really hyped a game before it as up untill about 2 years ago I didn't have Internet access and not having Internet makes it quite difficult to be engrossed in the hype for a game. Also my Wii was gathering dust and I wanted a good reason to pick up the remote again.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I'd be lying if I say Super Smash Bros. Brawl, because prior to its release, I wasn't nearly as obsessed as I am currently.

I'm just gonna cheat and say November 24th, 2011. Skyward Sword, Rayman Origins and Super Mario 3D Land all came out on that day. :P

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
I've been excited for a few games pretty equally. Twilight Princess was probably my first one, as it was the only game I've heard of being made before actually seeing a commercial, or the game itself at the store (I didn't have magazines or internet for a while) Super Smash Brothers Brawl is another for obvious reasons. Left 4 Dead 2 because me and my friends were pretty much addicted to the first one for a while. I can't say what I'm all excited for this year because there's about 8-10.

Dan

For me it has to be Brawl, I even brought a freeloader and imported it from the US just to play it a month earlier. :D
Other games include Super meat boy, worms reloaded. And Sonic Generations.
As of last however I'm not really looking too forward to borderlands 2, Sonic all star racing and worms revolution.

Mine would have to be Skyward Sword; i went to the symphony, saw it there and never have I anticipated a game like SS. I remember feeling like it would never come, and just reading all about it everyday, I was so happy when I got it midnight of it's release. :)

Rare Addict

Site Staff
The five games that immediately come to my mind are Conker: Live and Reloaded, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Halo 3, Mass Effect 3, and Skyward Sword. Fortunately, all of them (aside from ME3, pre-Extended Cut) lived up to the hype for me, and are among my favorite video games of all time.

Today, the only two games [that have been officially announced] that I'm really looking forward to playing are Halo 4 and BioShock Infinite.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
My most anticipated games were Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Currently, I'm eagerly waiting for Paper Mario: Sticker Star and Luigi's Mansion: Dark moon.

Twilight Princess and Wrath of the Lich King are two games that I can think of atm that I absolutely couldn't wait for. Soaked up every bit of information I could find online regarding them and literally counted the days until their release. At the moment though, the only games I'm highly anticipating are Borderlands 2 (next month, yay!) and Bioshock Infinite.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Well, right now Resident Evil 6 is way up there on my list, but for the sake of keeping it as a past anticipation... I'd say it's a tie between Halo 3 and Skyward Sword. Coming off of the epic ending of Halo 2 with Master Cheif's awesomely delivered "finishing this fight" line, I was pumped for the next before any official announcements were even made. Then comes E3 of 2006 which offers an amazing Halo 3 announcement trailer that tells us to wait another year. My excitement is beyond anything at this point. Now Skyward Sword... announced with an image... a whole year goes by... short trailer filled with even more mystery... I'm being teased here! Nintendo made sure I was constantly thinking about this game. Not only has it been a while since we last played a console Zelda game, but it was to be the first official Wii Zelda experience. Hell, Skyward Sword was the reason I even joined Zelda Dungeon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom