• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Personal Most Anticipated Game

We're currently all waiting for something; Zelda 3DS and WiiU, Assassin's Creed 3, Bioshock 3, Tomb Raider, The Last Guardian...

But looking back over your own personal gaming history, which game so far had you the most excited before its release? Which game could you not wait for? Which game did you count the months weeks and days down to release day for and was it worth it?

For me it was Twilight Princess, it made history at e3 and became one of the greatest moments in gaming without being an interactive experience, I couldn't wait for it and and although its hated now, i still love it and it was always worth the wait for me.

Your turn, have fun..

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
For me, it was Skyward Sword. It was the first video game I actually got to wait for. After first learning of it when I joined Zelda Dungeon, watching E3 footage, trailers, and discussing it with the other members here, I was able to enjoy the wait to the fullest extent. It was something I had never experienced before. Not counting Zelda 3DS or Zelda Wii U, Skyward Sword has actually been the ONLY video game I've "waited" for... Yeah, I'm a late bloomer.

Garo

Boy Wonder
Kingdom Hearts 2. I've always been a big fan of Disney animation - particularly the films that came out of the Renaissance in the late 80s-early 90s - and the original Kingdom Hearts was my first RPG and one of my favorite games at the time - still is, actually. I played it constantly for the first three months that I owned it. Then when Chain of Memories was released, I played that (somewhat less) constantly before switching back to the original. Then came the announcement that Kingdom Hearts 2 would be releasing... on my birthday. I was so absolutely excited for that. I actually got sick three days before my birthday, and my parents were very confused when I appeared to be excited by that prospect - feeling well enough to play games, but running a fever that would keep me from school on the day that Kingdom Hearts 2 released? Of course I was excited. I ended up getting better, but the days leading up to it were intense with anticipation.

Then again... Portal 2 is a strong contender. I loved the original and praise it highly as one of the best games of the aughts, so I was naturally excited for the sequel. But what really elevated Portal 2 in terms of anticipation was the Potato Sack ARG that preceded its release. I participated in the ARG moreso than any other before it - almost had all the potatoes, too, but alas I was too scared to finish Amnesia. It was a fun few days, and getting the game released a few hours early - even though a paltry sum given our expectations of several days - was awesome.

masterSword2

Smile!
Skyward sword was my most anticipated game. Although its not the first legend of Zelda game I've waited for, it was the most exciting. I think it's because with the other LoZ games that I had to wait for, I still wasn't as much into the series as I am now.

Hmmm. This is really, really tough. Maybe the first Kingdom Hearts? Or maybe Dream Drop Distance...I dunno. It's a very tough question to answer. Final Fantasy X and XIII also had me super excited...

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Modern Warfare 2, Oh boy was there lots of hype for that game and oh boy was I excited for that game.. Too bad it didn't live up to it's expectations :'(
Then we have Portal 2, That was a game that also had the same expectations as MW2 although difference is that Portal 2 actually lived up to it's expectations :')

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
This year I waited for a couple of games some that have come out already such as Resident Evil: Revelations, Xenoblade Chronicles, and Final Fantasy Theatrhythm. While for other games such as the Last Story and Halo 4 I am still waiting for the release date to come around.

Skyward Sword. I had been thinking about it and waiting for it since November of 2009. It was definitely not worth it since I absolutely hated it in the end.

I usually don't get hyped because I usually only play games at least 2-3 years old (because its usually cheaper), but I do remember getting hyped for Twilight Princess. Ended up loving it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Guild Wars 2, Twilight Princess, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep

there are a couple others, but those three are the most anticipated games for me. Ever since joining BWE2 for GW2, it's so freaking awesome and I just can't wait. 3 day headstart access ftw.

TP, TP had realistic graphics. I read reviews, new info, all that stuff. I just couldn't wait.

And for BBS, I literally followed news since after KH2's release. The wait was WELL worth it, imo.

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
I don't know about my most anticipated game of all time was. Probably Twilight Princess, but not sure. Right now though my most anticipated game is Borderlands 2. That game looks badass. Here's some trailers below.
[video=youtube;nicvyhrmTDs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nicvyhrmTDs[/video]
[video=youtube;MCWJUSulnro]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCWJUSulnro[/video]

Xenoblade Chronicles.
It was also the only game I ever hotly anticipated that actually lived up to the hype.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom