• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your personal aesthetic

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I find that the birthday suit is the best choice for almost any occasion.

However, if the situation calls for clothes, I usually go for something comfortable. I really don't care what I look like. Sometimes my wife will stop me before I leave the house, because apparently, you can't wear grey sweatpants and a grey t-shirt.

I spent the majority of the last 5 years in the military, so my wardrobe was a bit limited.
495510539.jpg

I also have a collection of football (proper, not American) gear that I wear to fancy events, like weddings and the like. Nothing says "elegance" like the 2014-15 Tottenham away kit with some really nice jeans.
7556483_max.jpg

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Depends how I'm feeling.

Either I'm feeling lazy so I wear a tank top and sweat pants (even in the summer).

Or I'm feeling good so I do this thing where half my clothes would be considered formal (except I'm doin' it wrong) and the other half informal and it looks kinda weird but I like it.
My favorite outfit that I wear is a bright orange, long-sleeved, button-down shirt untucked on one side and unbuttoned on the top and bottom, an off-white, v-neck undershirt, a really vibrant red tie that's a little too loose and off center, a white belt on black cargo pants, a pair of shiny, black, leather, high top converse with a bit of red in 'em (but still with a white rubber sole), my gold chain around my neck (as always), my thick-frame black glasses, and my dirty blonde hair spiked up just high enough that you can tell I did it on purpose.
And that looks pretty weird to most people but that's the way I do it.
Do you longboard?

Myself I usually wear just typical jeans, tshirt, that sort of stuff. In terms of brand I feel like I'm gonna get some hate for this but I mostly wear Lacoste and Armani Exchange for my t shirts, some Abercrombie amd Hollister. For jeans it's Levis, Abercrombie and some Blue Notes. For shoes it's always Lacoste; love em. I have some Ugg slippers I wear from time to time, got em really cheap in LA. Most of my undaroos are American Eagle I believe. Socks are Wal Mart af. That's about it I think?

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
In terms of brand I feel like I'm gonna get some hate for this but I mostly wear Lacoste

I enjoy Lacoste products. I feel they are comfy and well made (though obviously overpriced). Don't feel bad.

As shallow as it may sound to some (I don't care), if I could afford it, I would buy everything Burberry, because I love the pattern. Their clothes are a bit too tight for me, though, as I'm not the thinnest dude ever.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I enjoy Lacoste products. I feel they are comfy and well made (though obviously overpriced). Don't feel bad.

As shallow as it may sound to some (I don't care), if I could afford it, I would buy everything Burberry, because I love the pattern. Their clothes are a bit too tight for me, though, as I'm not the thinnest dude ever.
burberry_chav_youth.jpg

ThePurpleKnight

ThePurpleKnightmare
I like Lolita stuff, especially pettiskirts, wedges, opaque pantyhose especially in black, girly boots, anything girly.
I really hate jeans and hoodies, and manly shoes like converse.

Dan

I like Lolita stuff, especially pettiskirts, wedges, opaque pantyhose especially in black, girly boots, anything girly.
I really hate jeans and hoodies, and manly shoes like converse.

What is it about jeans that you don't like? I myself love seeing many girls in jeans, I think they look very empowering and attractive on a female.

ThePurpleKnight

ThePurpleKnightmare
What is it about jeans that you don't like? I myself love seeing many girls in jeans, I think they look very empowering and attractive on a female.
They're boring, ****ty material and one of the few options men have for pants. No need to wear something ugly, uncomfortable and manly when you have all these options. To top it off though, Jeans are the laziest thing you can wear as a girl, and people are lazy, if they don't care about their look which most don't really, Jeans are just an easy option, because of this, jeans are everywhere you look, and it just makes it really boring. We'[ve seen it a million times before, on both men and women, it's not gonna catch anyones eyes, it's just seen as normal.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
They're boring, ****ty material and one of the few options men have for pants. No need to wear something ugly, uncomfortable and manly when you have all these options. To top it off though, Jeans are the laziest thing you can wear as a girl, and people are lazy, if they don't care about their look which most don't really, Jeans are just an easy option, because of this, jeans are everywhere you look, and it just makes it really boring. We'[ve seen it a million times before, on both men and women, it's not gonna catch anyones eyes, it's just seen as normal.

I think sweatpants and spandex yoga pants are WAY lazier than jeans.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
What about a full denim outfit?
jay_leno_by_shahram_shiva4-thumb-450x3922.jpg

ThePurpleKnight

ThePurpleKnightmare
What about a full denim outfit?
jay_leno_by_shahram_shiva4-thumb-450x3922.jpg
People complain about hemp and how it feels like a burlap sack, I've never felt hemp but everytime I hear stuff bad about hemp I think of the closest thing I can think of to what I imagine it being like, Denim. It's so rough you could probably use it in place of sand paper. That suit looks awful, and I feel bad for the plants who lost their lives to make that mans outfit.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Um, I mostly wear skirts and dresses. I don't get on with jeans very well even though I lived in skinny jeans when I was younger. I have a tonne of different tops and dress depending on my mood, but mostly the stuff I own is either girly or gothic, not much in between. I mix and match a lot. I have no interest in labels because I'm not superficial af and don't have money to burn anyway, so I buy whatever I like, as long as the cut will suit me. Most clothes are made for stick insect girls and I have a womanly figure so it doesn't really work. The shapes that suit me in dresses are empire line, shift and clinch-waisted, but skater dresses also look fine.

Underwear-wise, I buy from everywhere from Primark to Laura Ashley. I find it hard to find bras that actually fit me because I'm an awkward size so it tends to just be get it when I can.

I own a lot of shoes, though still not as many as I used to. I like wearing long boots, as in knee or above the knee, especially in winter as they go with everything. But I also wear Adidas trainers and a variety of other flat pumps and such. I like to wear jelly shoes in the summer because they're both comfortable and convenient, especially those with a slight heel, and can be dressed up to look nice enough if you're going out. I also wear flip-flops in the summer. I own one pair of shoes which are five inch platforms with big silver buckles on that make grown men quake and I love to wear them although they are not convenient at all so I don't as much as I'd like.

For work I have to wear the stuff we sell so I wear outdoorsy things. I have two main work outfits, one is a sort of purple breathable long sleeved base layer top which I don't wear much because it's skin tight so I have to wear it only on skinny days. The other top I have is just a light blue gym type of t-shirt. I wear both with either my four-way stretch trousers (comfortable and smarter on but too big for me now) or navy trek trousers which are a lot lighter so nicer in hot weather. If it's cold I wear a fleece. I recently got new walking boots for work too which I have taken to wearing when it rains because they are uber waterproof and have excellent grip. They have a vibram soul too so they're comfortable :D

Tight jeans (I'm a very petite and rather slim woman) and a top that's stylish with running shoes in Spring and sandals in Summer. In Fall/Winter I like looser jeans with high-boots and turtlenecks. When working at events as a liaison, I wear dresses in warm weather and blouses with slacks in colder weather.

ShadowMidna

Princess of Twilight
Grungy I guess would describe it. I love wearing converse usually in the spring/summer/fall and then ugg boots in the winter(its unbearably cold here). I usually wear skinny jeans preferably ripped worn in ones and t-shirts and plaid shirts, I layer a lot. In the winter I wear a lot of oversized sweaters and leggings, wool socks. Really whatever keeps you warm. I hate dresses and skirts and "dressy" clothing, it makes me feel so uncomfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom