• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Own Personal Zelda Item

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
Let's say that there was a drawing Nintendo had to pick someone to invent a new item for Link to use. If you were lucky enough to win, what would you make? Explain the type of dungeon the item would be in. You can give some details about the boss if you'd like. I personaly would make a new type of bow that could open portals for Link to use. The dungeon with this item would obviously be extremely hard so that someone couldn't just shoot an arrow and warp to the other end of the room, it be like a giant puzzle. Plus, just to ensure someone didn't warp to the other side of the room, i'd have walls with special vines that couldn't be shot into and the arrows would just bounce off. Players would have to destroy the vines with their sword so they wouldn't have to go through the whole set-up if they had already done it once. For the boss i'd have some type of inmobile structure-like creature that would swing it's giant arms at Link and what the player would have to do is shoot two arrows; one for the creature to hit because it misses Link, and the other so the boss hits itself, causing it to expose it's weak point which Link would attack with his sword. At some point during the battle I'd have Link jump on the beast itself for the final blow. The walls would have a bunch of the vines just to make the boss harder, and these ones would regenerate. Of course the boss would have more than just physical attacks like a beam of some sort, I'm sure Nintendo would be able to improve it if this actually happened.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
i would have a Swiss Army Shot... an all-purpose HookShot! it could literally hook to everything, and you could hold things on it (i.e. a pot) and then release the button to drop it. that would open up some great mechanics... like grab a block, carry it across an enemy-invested room, and then drop it on a switch to open a door. This item would be found very late in the game, in maybe the Sky Temple or maybe a Robot/Gear/Mechanic Temple, and the boss would be a stabilized turret. the Boss room would have two floors, and you'd have to use your Swiss Army Shot to get up to the second floor, and then use it again to grab and drop giant bombs on it... ^^

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom