• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Opinion on Youtube's New Channel Design

New Design, love it or hate it.

• I love the new design.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good, but not as good as the old design.

• Could be better, but not that bad.

• What were they thinking?

• Total voters

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
To quote Dale Gribble from King of the Hill: "You have to be the stupidest man on the planet to think this is a good idea!" Honestly, I think google is trying to piss everybody off; they can't possibly be stupid/ignorant enough to people will like this. It's like they're trying to get everybody to move to another site.

Something that has not been mentioned here is how this new design came to be in the first place. I think it has to do with Google's acquiring of Youtube, thereby turning into a product of the Google name. I don't know the full details behind the acquisition, but this more than likely means that Google has full control over a large portion of Youtube [if not the whole thing]. It seems to me that Youtube's format was altered, along with other Google products, in the midst of a huge design overhaul. The point of the massive change was to improve navigation - making it more accessible to new users and improving efficiency. However, the design has been met with disapproval by Google users, including myself.

We can thank Google for the new Youtube design. [noparse]:)[/noparse] /sarcasm

I love the new design. Actually, I really hated it at first, but I had completely forgotten there was a redesign until I came into this topic. I guess I had gotten so used to it already that I forgot the old design, lol.

I vastly prefer the original channel design. And I'm not talking about the default one they had up until a few weeks ago; I mean the original channel design from before Google even took over YouTube. That said, I think the newest layout is aesthetically better than its immediate predecessor, and it seems to function more smoothly. Seems like channel comments are harder to view and submit though.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I don't HATE it, yet I don't like it.
They could have done a better job.
I'm sure just like every other time there's a terrible change to a website, people learn to live with it.

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
The new channel basically strips away the customization options previously available. It takes out much of the creativity that was previously possible in youtube channels. Channel subscribers and subscriptions are also hidden which doesn't make any sense. I really wouldn't mind if they "downgraded" back to the old design.

Though I don't really mind the new design anymore, as I got used to it over time, I really think the channel design was changed for the worst, and I honestly can't see how anybody can say it doesn't make any difference. The design prior to the one they have right now enabled you to choose wich windows (like "playlists" or "subscribers) you wanted to have on your channel, and it even let you choose where to place them. That's not possible anymore, or at least it's hidden so good that I can't find that function, what would be another minus on this one due to it being confusing. I really don't mind it otherwise, as I already said I got used to it, but this ones another update that wasn't really necessary.

Dan

Eh I swear Google change something on youtube every week or so. I dislike most of there tweaks to youtube because often it's a downgrade. Google just can't see, to stop toying around with youtube. customization is a GOOD thing google. Why not make more than one new design and keep the old one that way everyone can be happy , allowing users to switch to more than five designs would be great. Not all of there tweaks are bad for instance I like the way recommended videos fill the video box after a video. Like/dislike is good since most people would either 1 star it or 5 star it.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I like it fine. I've only ever gone on Youtube to listen to music or watch certain videos of stupidity that my friends prescribed. As such, I needed an account in order to use the thumbs, so I like or dislike videos based on, well, whether I like or dislike them. I never use the comments, since most of the time they aren't even worth looking at. It wouldn't harm me any if they did away with those. But, if you were to get the most attraction out of videos, I can see why they have the comments. Still, at times I don't know which is more worthwhile: YT or FB.

Regarding the front page, so long as I have the search bar near the top, I'm good. Like I said above, I only listen to music or watch some videos. I've never uploaded a video, and there I don't need any additional features that might come with that (though I'm frankly in the dark on how all that works). I also pay no attention to the videos directly below or to the right of the search bar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom