• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your opinion on facial hair

Do you like facial hair, do you have any?

Are you a man who sports the rugged look, is it hard to maintain?

Ladies, do you like the rugged ranger type or do you like clean shaven?

Share your opinions on facial hair below!

I know we had a similar topic on this ages ago. I think it was one of "Mr. Bi-Curious" topics. Still nice to bring it up again. Thanks :)

My opinion on the facial hair?
Personally I use the razor every day I go out. Keeps my face clean shaven and helps me to stay looking way under my actual age. But for everyone else? I think they can do as they please. it doesn't bother me all that much. Though I will say if women who have a little facial hair like to keep it, that's their choice but it's not the best look honestly, it just looks kind of wrong, but again their choice.

However I do think for blokes who want facial hair, pick a style and do it properly. Make it look good. The "I don't care" wild man style only works if you go all the way.
Here's a famous example.

tRiq0ST.jpg

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I don't like having facial hair myself so I shave fairly regularly (although it doesn't grow insanely fast thankfully). On others I don't care what people like to have as their own style but in terms of a romantic partner I would rather little stubble or no facial hair.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I do not like facial hair on myself and if I could I would make it so that I never grew any again! Whilst I enjoyed the novelty of shaving when I was younger I find it is just another chunk of time out of the day. Not only does all my hair grow ridiculously fast it is incredibly thick on my neck in particular which grows at different angles and is time consuming to remove properly. If done in haste it also irritates my skin.

I have a variety of different shavers. I find the straight razor gives the best finish for smooth chops though I prefer the Phillips one blade for my neck. So I tend to use both types.

I think some men suit facial hair and look better with than without it. Though of course it depends on the style as to whether it looks good on them.

PS. I like my women without facial hair too

Pen

The game is on!
It really depends. Some men do fit the facial hair and some don't. Look at our own @Pen ;) It fits him for sure!

Oh thank you! :oops:

To answer the questions of the thread: yes I rather do like some facial hair and I've pretty much always got some on me. :P Of course people can look good without facial hair as well. I guess it depends on the person. However, I'm generally not the biggest fan of a way too long beard. I guess I tend to keep my own facial hair semi short but I don't really put a lot of effort into maintaining it. Actually, I just use scissors to trim my facial hair about three to four times a month or so.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
For myself, I am not a fan of facial hair. I prefer the clean-shaven look, for the most part. There are some days where I feel a little lazy about shaving and it grows out some, but whenever I have to actually present myself, I will shave. In my opinion, I think I would look unprofessional or unkempt if I tried to grow a beard.

Ninja

Well well well
I’m half white and Vietnamese. My white side has let me have the ability to go from clean shaven to full, thick beard in three days.

It just depends. Some days I wish that I could laser it off and never worry about it again. Other days I’ll grow it all minus the neck for a more mature look.

It’s a blessing and a curse.

I'm indifferent to facial hair. I do think some people are less able to pull it off than others, though. Like a haircut, it seems pretty dependent on your headshape (in this case, your jawline), unless you want to go full Viking. A nicely trimmed and groomed beard does look quite good on the right person, though. I honestly wouldn't mind going for a scruffy look myself, but I can't grow a beard. Maybe someday.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I really don't like having facial hair, a thin mustache at the most but like deus, if I could, I'd opt to never grow any facial hair at all

edit: as my comment was posted, I noticed how hilarious my stance on this was when my profile picture is fidel castro and his iconic beard

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I like having facial hair, it looks better with it. Not hard to maintain at all. Just a trim now and again.

Feel free to use what pronouns you want. I use both sexed pronoun sets interchangeably.
It depends on the person, how well they look with it, how well they maintain it, how well it looks with that maintenance, my mood at that moment, the lighting, and whether or not they're holding a flamethrower (if you're going to launch fire, be clean shaven!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom