• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Opinion on Dubstep?

What is your opinion on Dubstep?

• It's amazing!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like it

• I don't like it

• I hate it

• It sounds like a broken computer trying to make music

• Total voters

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
So, like the title says, what is your opinion on Dubstep? Do you like it or hate it? Do you think it's music or just noise? Do you have a favorite artist, or song?

I've had countless debates at my high school over this topic, so I decided to create a thread about it. Personally, I like it, but only to a certain degree. I don't like Dubstep when it is nothing but a bunch of computer sounds. I do, however, like it when it actually sounds like music with cool sound effects. I like Skrillex, and I like some of the Zelda remixes on the internet (like Ephixa), among others. But, I find that I can't listen to Dubstep for too long or I start to get annoyed of it.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I hate all dubstep. I really don't know what people see in this "music". To me, it just sounds like an annoying robotic seizure. I feel the same way about all techno and electronica, too. Just hearing a little bit of it puts me in an irritable mood. I really cannot stand it at all.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
No offence to anyone who likes it of course, but, I think it's a load of ****.

As well as the whole sounding like **** thing, I think there's more to music than just the sound. I like the songs to have a meaning. I like songs like Live Forever because they have this great meaning, as well as sounding good, and I can relate to them and to the musician. So, yeah, I think what goes on behind-the-scenes is an important part of music. So a mess of noise doesn't really do it for me. Don't get me wrong, I'll dance to it or whatever, but I'd never in a million years choose to listen to most dubstep or dance music.

Everyone's of course entitled to their own opinion, but, yeah. That's just mine.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Just my opinion but dubstep is just awful, it's an assortment of noises that doesn't seem artistic in anyway, of course this is just my view but I like music with meaning. Even though I like house music I hate it when dubstep comes on, I think just ruins the flow and vibe, i can't even enjoy listening to it, it's something that in my opinion got heavily overplayed and overrated during a period last year and it just caused me to hate it with a passion.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Dubstep is okay. Saying that its not music because its 'computer sounds' is ignorant.
I don't listen to dubstep but I can see the appeal. The only dubstep I enjoy is chillstep; just really mellow beats.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I can understand why people like it but I myself don't fancy doing yoga one second then going into a seizure the next one as the bass drops.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I could do without dubstep, honestly. I like that it has a nice beat to it, something that would be fun to listen to in the car, but I have heard very little that I like, much less can tolerate :( I gave it a chance, but I don't plan to listen to it in the future.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I could do without dubstep, honestly. I like that it has a nice beat to it, something that would be fun to listen to in the car, but I have heard very little that I like, much less can tolerate :( I gave it a chance, but I don't plan to listen to it in the future.

Pretty much this ^. I can tolerate it to some degree, but the genre is just plain awful in its entirety.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom