• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Your opinion on BotW's Hyrule Castle

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Dunno how some people can call it a dungeon. It plays nothing like a dungeon. That said, it is a very good part of the overworld and if the rest of the overworld was like it, BOTW would have been much more fun.

Despite setting us in a post-apocalyptic setting, Hyrule Castle is the only area that looks like it was hit by an apocalypse and actually feels dangerous. It's also much meatier than the rest of the overworld that often leaves the player doing nothing for extended periods of time.

NintendoCN

Team Captain
It could use some work, it's extremely confusing, when I tried to find anything I got lost! I eventually just Zora Armored up one of the waterfalls to get to the Ganon fight, I skipped the entire dungeon doing that! Otherwise the enemies and Lynel sub bosses were just a hassle, I deliberately went over, or around the obvious boss rooms using Revali's gale.

Really enjoyed it. Plenty of secrets and multiple pathways. Liked the option of having different ways to infiltrate the castle.

Loved Hyrule castle. Having so many guardians & Lynels of all varieties with the intense music playing gave it the feel of the final area of the game. Especially loved the detail in the castle of the library area, dining hall & guard chambers as oppose to just random rooms. Plenty of secrets hiding in every nook and cranny just made me want to explore every inch of the castle.
Favourite dungeon of BOTW; one of my favourite dungeons in all of Zelda

Only major con: Final boss was far too easy

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
I... have several things I could talk about regarding Hyrule Castle.

Mostly because I'm also a castle nerd.

I wonder if I should start a whole series about castles in the Zelda series...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom