• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Opinion On Amiibos

• Thread starter Deleted member 14134
  • Start date

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Amiibo are the best collectables out there. Thing is they have no ingame use; their entire purpose is to be scalped.

キラ

Yo!
I think amiibo are a great idea. They're really cool collectibles; awesome to look at. I think their in-game purposes are kind of neat. I mean, in my opinion, amiibo are much more fun to fight against than CPUs because it seems like you're fighting a human. They learn your fighting habits, combos, and techniques. So, I think fighting amiibo are a great way to train to be a better player! It's a great way to get prepared for online fighting.
Also, I'm sure another purpose Nintendo had in mind with the Smash Bros amiibo was that you could face your amiibo off against a friend's amiibo to see whose is the better fighter, which I think is pretty cool.

I am looking forward to getting more amiibo. I usually don't play as Mega Man but I'm definitely getting his amiibo because Mega Man is so cool!

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Didn't like them at first, but they've grown on me. They seem like just a gimmick to get your money, and they are way too expensive for you to get them all. Also, I always thought they'd let you use AI's on multiple games, or at least let you save multiple games's AI's on your Wii U, with just one being in the amiibo at a time. Forcing me to wipe my amiibo to use it on a different game is just stupid. Also, I thought more games would utilize them in more ways. Where's the AI character for HW, MK8, or other such games on they way? Still, when you get one its an awesome experiecne I must say, and they look great by your collection. I'll keep a few, but continue to focus on buying games first. Their numbers may be increased by the fact that I can't increase my games collection due to Nintendo's region-locking during my semester abroad.

Spacefiller

waiting for life to start
I think they are cool, and yet another way Nintendo chose to think outside the box. Plus my Link and Zelda Amiibos look great on a shelf in my Zelda collection.

I don't play Super Smash Bros. or Mario Kart that much, but I still like the Zelda Amiibos...and tey are only 12 bucks at gamestop.

I still find them cool, but tbh, I don't know if I'll continue collecting more Amiibos in the future because of how poorly Nintendo handles them. Back when Wave 1 hit store shelves, they already discontinued 3 Amiibos despite not being available for long. They're doing the same thing with some Wave 2 Amiibos & some of the exclusive Amiibos like Shulk & unfortunately for me, Rosalina (I want her so badly).

Probably after I get the Toon Link Amiibo (already pre-ordered it) & probably a few others, I'm done with them. Nintendo needs to handle them better. Activision & Disney don't have this problem.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I don't like how they are forcibly turning them into collectibles by discontinuing them or releasing extremely low stock. It's quite silly. I do not think I will ever buy one.

As I thought about the content offered and the quality of the figurines more, I wouldn't mind blowing money on a few Amiibo. They're pretty decent for $13. The Link Amiibo is definitely the best value right now between Smash Bros., Mario Kart, and Hyrule Warriors. It's a shame the data is wiped if you use an Amiibo for a different game.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I don't see what the big fuss is about them, I see the money people spend on collecting the lot and I just think what better things that money could go on. I only own HW and WW HD for the wii U so one would serve little purpose gameplay wise. I might get a Ganondorf one if they bring him out, not because I like the idea of amiibos but just because it's Ganondorf.

キラ

Yo!
As I thought about the content offered and the quality of the figurines more, I wouldn't mind blowing money on a few Amiibo. They're pretty decent for $13. The Link Amiibo is definitely the best value right now between Smash Bros., Mario Kart, and Hyrule Warriors. It's a shame the data is wiped if you use an Amiibo for a different game.

Not for Mario Kart 8. I have Link, Samus, and Kirby costumes for my Mii and I didn't lose my data from Smash.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I really like amiibo, dunno why. I don't own a whole lot of merchandise to begin with, but I've wanted to get the few amiibo of the characters I love since they were first announced.

Right now, I own Link, Samus and Rosalina for myself, and have bought Captain Falcon and Sheik for my brother. I also have the Toad figure pre-ordered for him. I can't properly judge if I've got my money's worth so far; what I've done is play with them in Smash Brothers Wii U (though not very much), unlock some costumes in Mario Kart 8 (the Captain Falcon one is awesome) and get a boatload of items in Hyrule Warriors.

Your amiibo only loses its data if you have to save data onto it. Currently, the only game that I know of that saves data to the amiibo is Smash Bros. I think, maybe, Project STEAM will do the same.

Mario Party 10 does as well. The game is at least getting its own line of amiibo of Mario characters, so if you happen to like Luigi or whatever and want save data for MP10 and Sm4sh, you can have two separate unique figures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom