• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Opinion On Amiibos

• Thread starter Deleted member 14134
  • Start date

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
In terms of their functionality I think they're incredibly boring, lacklustre and had the potential to be so much better; if what they do was in another form I wouldn't bat an eye-lid at them. Aesthetically, though, I think they look great and though they are priced perhaps a tiny bit more than what I'd assume similar products would cost, I have a lot of same-sized Final Fantasy: Dissidia models that were cheaper and have a bit more detail to them to boot, it's not enough to be a deal-breaker. I've spent a lot more money on Play-Arts figures and, though Amiibos aren't at all comparable to the quality of Play-Arts, I am very happy to spend money on that type of thing if the price and quality match-up which Amiibo's more or less do.

I'll be making some room on my shelf to accommodate a few of my favourite Amiibos, and I dare say the bigger appeal of them is in their look rather than how they function. Marth, Kirby, and Yoshi shall definitely be taking their place beside Squall, Master Chief and Lara Croft.

Last edited:
i think their too expensive for what you get. i herd 1 amibo has enough memory for just 1 game.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
Yeah, the price is a bit ridiculous.
I think they're just Nintendo's attempt to 1up Skylanders. Or at least try the same thing as them, just to tally up the sales. Market Scheme- simply put.

But Honestly, the only reason I'm buying them is for the rewards in-game. Such as the Spinner as an unlockable item via Link Amiibo in Hyrule Warriors.
I'm SUPER addicted to HW, and I'd like to collect everything I can in it. : P

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I used to think this was a stupid idea, but it's actually really cool. The only issue is the figurine quality ate ****, so they're not worth the price.

I had the opportunity last night to play with two amiibos. I must say, they are worth the $13 in my opinion. Once they get to a high level (30-50), they actually become pretty challenging. This makes 8 player Smash with a few friends and amiibos extremely fun.

They're alright, but I kinda hate to see Nintendo follow the Skylanders fad now. However, at least with the Amiibos, you're not forced to buy them unlike in Skylanders where you have to buy a character determining on which area has that character's element on it. I know I bought myself a Link Amiibo yesterday mainly because I wanted to test it on Smash 4, Hyrule Warriors, & other games that support the Amiibos.

Overall, I think it's an okay idea. I think I'll get some of the other Amiibos for Christmas later on (I like to get Pikachu, Kirby, & Yoshi the most) just because I think they look cool. And this is coming from a person who collects Skylanders figures like crazy before getting tired of it. :P

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Maybe. They're expensive, but it would be nice to have someone other than the usual comps to train with. Also, I'd get the Link one, it will be used in at least four games.

Salem

SICK
I thought it was the strangest concept ever, that was before I remembered that Skylanders existed, I never played that game, but still it's very strange I don't see the benefit to it other than A CPU that plays slightly than normal CPUs...

I thought it was the strangest concept ever, that was before I remembered that Skylanders existed, I never played that game, but still it's very strange I don't see the benefit to it other than A CPU that plays slightly than normal CPUs...

Amiibos aren't just slightly better CPU players, they actually learn from your habits. If you use a certain combo a lot, such as G&W's down throw side B, it will learn how to avoid that and punish you for trying it. And they even learn past their max level of 50.

Salem

SICK
Amiibos aren't just slightly better CPU players, they actually learn from your habits. If you use a certain combo a lot, such as G&W's down throw side B, it will learn how to avoid that and punish you for trying it. And they even learn past their max level of 50.
Yeah, that's the weird thing.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
so.....you just fight them

awesome collectibles, crappy ingame uses, Nintendo needs to balance out the distribution so us normal people can get chance and stores need to limit one or two characters per customer.

Skylanders have excellent in game use, they look good and you can customize their stats with hero's challenges, hats and pick one of two upgrade paths. skylanders also doesn't suffer from craptastic distribution like amiibos do

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom