• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Most Precious Possession and Why?

bunny

birb overlord
Hmm... Well, there are a lot of things that are precious to me, but if we're talking material things here, then my Uchiha Itachi necklace. Not only is it a replica of my favorite anime character's necklace, but I also got it for my birthday from my parents. It meant a lot to see that they pay attention to the things I like. I wear it every single day; I hardly ever take it off.

My little Hasbro Pokemon plush collection that I've had since I was 8, I think. I'm not even crazy about two of the Pokemon, but I just love them so much.

Oh, and my Leopard family, too. I've had those even longer, and the "mother" of the family has an interesting story. You see, I lost her. She was super special to me, and somehow, I lost her. A few years later, someone informed me that possessions of mine had been mysteriously dumped someplace, but that was all I heard. However, I heard descriptions of a few items, and it sounded like the leopard mother was among them. I wasn't able to retrieve anything. I lost a lot of my childhood things. :( This happened about three, maybe three and a half, years ago.

Get this: I found the leopard mom two weeks ago, just before I got really sick. She was on Ebay. And how I know it was the same leopard - I had her marked very specifically, and some of her whiskers had been cut. Still, I wasn't 100% sure, but I rushed to buy her, and when she arrived in the mail, I got to examine her, and wouldn't you know it? A piece of my childhood came back to me!

Now she's crouching in her rightful place among her kittens and my Pokemon collection. <3

octorok74

TETTAC
My most prized possession would be a key. It's the key to a 1993 Saturn. It was supposed to be my car when I came of driving age. But it died a couple years before I could drive. I was older than it by a month. It was a great car except for the fact that all Saturns have a tendency to burn off oil. And so to this day I always carry the key with me. it has gone through a lot with me. So most everything that has happened to me after the car's death I carry with me in the key. People think I am weird for carrying it, but it just means so much to me. I wouldn't trade it for the world. I guess in this case memory is in the key.

I would say the other prized possession I have is a lot of old pictures. From when I was younger of course. I'm not going to say it was nice being an only child when I was for the short time, because now that I think about it, it sucked. I had no one to play with. But I love the memories the bring back. Like how I would run to the door when my father came home from work. Or how he would always let me wear his baseball caps. And there is one picture of my mother and I where we are wearing those things that you put on the arms of couches on our heads. And I could go on, but I think anyone reading this gets the point. I enjoyed my time as a kid and I love appreciating what I had and have by looking at those pictures. We don't take many pictures anymore though. Kind of sad.

Din Akera

Sniper
This is hard for me. I would probably want to break this up into several categories on why they are important or precious to me. So:

Sentimental value: I have one object from each of my grandparents that have passed that was theirs and reminds me of them. So, the china doll, gasses, and watch that are my grandparents.

Prize geek item: My Master Sword. It is front and centre on a stand and is up for everyone to see. This is my pride and joy of my collection and probably always will be.

The one thing that matters most in life: Rish. Love. That is the one thing that you should hold onto in your life. Love is the most precious thing in our overly crewel world.

A Shecter Diamond-Series 5-String Innactive Bass guitar. I have an almost identical bass that's active and it's just so high maintenance. I had a really good Fender 5-String Jazz bass that I loved, but the pickups just didn't pick up enough sound from two of the strings, so when I went to go pick up some new pickups, my mom's just all "#yolo buy a new bass" and we grabbed that. It has such a wide range of sounds. I can get everything I loved from the Fender bass, but a ton more. It sounds so much better when slapped too.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I've been trying really hard to come up with an answer but absolutely nothing is coming to mind. This is not to say I don't put value on anything but at the moment, I feel as if I have no material object that I treasure enough that I would miss if it were to ever go astray.

I guess I treasure my memories. As life continues to tick away, among the many people whom I have met and I know that I will never be able to see ever again, my wonderful family, friends and all the little defining moments of my life that make me me will forever be embedded in my memories. As long as some degenerative memory disease doesn't come my way, I will always treasure my memories.

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
My most prized possession has to be my bookshelf. I don't remember who gave it to me, but it is crammed full of memories, knowledge, and drawing paper, all of which mean a whole lot to me. I think that I've had it since I was in 1st grade, back when I lived in New York.
My favorite item that I have just because I think it's cool is probably my deck of Yugioh Cards. It doesn't look like too much, but I've been putting alot of what I had in elementary and 6th grade. When I look at it, I'm reminded of the countless people I've traded with, beaten, beat, and been friends with. I'm pretty sure that it is the only thing from elementary that I still have in one piece. It means alot in both monetary and sentimental value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom