• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Most 'Out of Your Comfort Zone' Cultural Experiences

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
When travelling to other countries you can get exposed to foods or practices that are quite different to anything you'd do at home. What are some of the times you've done something out of your comfort zone while abroad?

For me the one that comes to the top of my mind was the first time I went to a public hot spring in Japan. You can't wear clothes so you're essentially sitting in a huge bath naked with heaps of other people (though there is plenty of space so that you aren't touching anyone else). It felt super weird at first but after thinking that it was pretty normal for everyone else there I made myself get over it and try it out. I love the relaxing feeling of soaking in the onsen after a long day walking around being a tourist and even returned a few times with friends during my time in Japan.

When it comes to food, eating chicken sashimi (essentially raw chicken) is something I never thought I would do. A Japanese friend offered to me to try it and every part of me was telling me that it was so wrong but I gave it a shot anyway - I really didn't like it at all but I gave it a go. I also tried Gyutan (cow tongue) a few times which was actually not that bad so you win some you lose some.

I was a Hollywood photographer before covid. I knew every-bodies secrets. Basically I was the tech guy from the movie "Society" only difference is that if I had kept on going I would end up like Larry Birkhead. That is how it felt like. Thank god I was born poor ( not too poor ) . I feel real bad seeing how the world pretends.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
North India has a staring problem. If you're a White :eyes: If you're a Chinese :eyes: If you're dark skinned:eyes: If you're a woman wearing shorts:eyes: If you're physically challenged :eyes: . If you've got Vitiligo :eyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom