• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Your Most Memorable Deaths

Don't know if this counts because I had a fairy and didn't legitimately die because of it, but since fairy revivals count as deaths on the Hero's route or whatever, I feel it should count. My most memorable death was the time I was trying to mess with the crusher lynel by the Tabantha Bridge and he batted me right into Tanagar Canyon and I just fell all the way down the ravine off the cliff and smack.

My other memorable death was my first one where I just walked right off the cliff in front of the Shrine of Resurrection within like two minutes of starting my first playthrough because I was trying to avoid the Old Man because I thought he was gonna try to stop me and talk and I just wanted to explore.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I remember when I was supposed to go grab shock arrows on Ploymus mountain for Vah Ruta. I was trying to get a few of them but the lynel spotted me. I figured I would just run down the mountain until the lynel forgot about me and then I would sneakily come back and grab the last few arrows I needed.

Well, when I started to run down the path and hide, the lynel started to shoot shock arrows at me, and I couldn’t get out of range, they kept coming. You never knew when they were coming either. I just kept running but the arrows still kept shooting at me. Eventually one of them shot Link and he tumbled down the rest of the way haha

I remember yelling at the screen in panic and laughing as the arrows kept coming no matter how far I went

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
All my memorable deaths are from early on.
First of all, I fell into cold water in the cold area of the Great Plateau. I had had trouble figuring out how to cook the peppers (Took me awhile to find the campfire with the pot. Also I somehow never got the warm doublet in both locations. I only found the cabin by going back at the end of the game.)

I was hilariously underprepared for Zora’s domain. I died over and over on the path up, but instead of going and getting stronger, like I would now, I just pushed on. Eventually I got to the Lynel and within seconds of seeing it I was sniped and killed. Instead of just sneaking around to get the arrows, I spent a dozen attempts trying to kill the Lynel, which, on the bright side, helped me get good at flurry rushes. Then I went through the Divine Beast and spent another dozen attempts on Waterblight Ganon. Luckily, I had learned my lesson, and the other 3 areas were much easier.

It’s weird to look back three years ago and see how linear I was trying to go at the beginning. It was kind of dumb, to be honest. I‘m all for exploration, but I think I was just overwhelmed at the sheer number of possibilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom