• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Your Most Memorable Deaths

Ninja

Well well well
[Potential spoilers inside]

I've never died so many times in a Zelda game before. I'm sure your versions of Link has met many terrible fates over the course of BOTW, what were some of your more memorable deaths?

Mine: Climbing up one of the towers that is surrounded by all of those electricity based Wizzrobes, and thought, "what the hell, I have two stamina wheels, and the climbing gear, I can scurry up this no problem!". Couldn't have been any more wrong. Halfway up, Link gets BOMBARDED with elemental attacks, and Lizalfos projectiles. I kept trying to get my ass up there, but eventually met my death and fought my way to the top.

Last edited:
The new plateau Lynel. I was trying to fight him without getting the paraglider, so I spawned wolf Link in. Wolf Link howled and it started raining bomb arrows.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Shooting Naydra in the face for a horn, and getting frozen and falling to my death.

Letting myself fall off a waterfall thinking the water below was deep enough. It wasn't.

Getting blasted off the side of Akkala Citadel while trying to parry a Guardian Skywatcher. That was quite a long fall.

Blasting myself off the top of the Hateno Ancient Tech Lab just for the heck of it, and watching my health slowly whittle away as Link ragdolled all the way down to the shoreline. His health ran out just before he hit the water.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Trying to kill a Lizalfos by freezing it, but that sucker was quicker than I thought and froze me and then smashed my frozen body. That was so hilarious to watch!
Trying to his a Bokoblin with a weapon only to realize I had no weapon set because of the thunder a little while before. Bokoblin thought: BINGO!
Taking out a bomb and detonate it immidiatly by accident.
Jumping down the cliff without having the paraglider (at the very beginning)
Caught between two guardians

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
During my Rush to Ganon playthrough...I ran past one of the cells and a lizalfos jumped out and attacked me, one shotting me instantly...except the game saved right as the Lizalfos jumped, so I spawned right in front of it again and died before I could even move. I was trapped in this loop for awhile...

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Trying to get 20 shock arrows in preparation for Vah Ruta, but lynel sees me so I panic, and run into a puddle where said lynel's shock arrow hit.

Well, once during the sword trials I forgot the lesson I learned in the great plateau: DON'T THROW BOMB BARRELS ON EVEN GROUND. In short, I blew myself up.

And I sure remember the first time I encountered a Guardian. It activated and all I could think was Is that thing gonna kill me?

Umm... once I accidentally hit my horse off a cliff and then died trying to save it.

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
I tried fighting Fireblight Ganon with bomb arrows only to realize the fight was happening outside the divine beast interior and the high heat caused one of the bomb arrows to combust which instantly exploded in my face.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
There was some sidequest near a stable where a guy wants a treasure chest in a river he is standing by to be pulled up. I pulled it up, opened it, talked to him to complete the sidequest, but it was thunderstorming and lightning hit the chest before I could move.

After I completed my regular quest log, I started Master Mode and forgot that I didn't have the paraglider, so I jumped off the ledge from the beginning of the game and fell to my death.

Last edited:

MW7

I fell off the cliff as soon as I regained control of Link after leaving the cave on the Great Plateau.

I died to bees while on the Great Plateau part of the Champion's Ballad. Three times.

I threw a bomb against a very strong wind that was blowing towards me; need I say more?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Looked back at this thread and can't believe I forgot to mention one of the first times I died in the game. I had just stepped off the Plateau for the first time. I saw a shooting star land in Hyrule Field that night. I was apprehensive about chasing it because the field was supposedly dangerous, but I figured I'd grab it and be gone before I ran into anything bad. I was wrong.

Back then, I didn't know that the fragments vanish if you don't reach them before dawn. So I kept searching well into the day, and eventually found myself at the ranch ruins with a Guardian. I got spotted and booked it back the way I came. Or so I thought. I dodged its lasers by running around like a zig-zag cuz I was far enough away. I thought I would escape, but then I ran smack into a second Guardian. By the time we noticed each other, I was already next to it. One laser blast later and I was dead.

A very memorable way to get lost and die on my first outing into that grand world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom