• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Most Anticipated Games of 2015

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
mgsv-phantom-pain-poster.jpg

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
I try not to hype too much, since it's better to come in with sober expectations.

I'll take it as it comes but I'm interested in the new Mass Effect, the new Soul Calibur, Zelda for Wii U and the project that the Burnout team is working on.

Right now all I care about are the remaining Hyrule Warriors DLC packs and Mewtwo for SSB. Not really games, but I don't know anything else that I'm looking forward to. The only actual game I'm looking forward to is of course the new Zelda.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Considering the absolute enjoyable, adventurous atmosphere of its predecessor, and how the original stood out against the titans of 2011 (namely Skyward Sword and Skyrim), the upcoming installment of the Xeno series is by far my most anticipated title of this year. Everything about its presentation has been tremendous, from the enormous extraterrestrial world to the enhancement of the battle system (via the mecha suits, mainly). The gameplay looks just as vibrant and dynamic as it was in Xenoblade, as demonstrated in the Nintendo Treehouse, and the story makes a return to its sci-fi roots since Xenosaga III. Best of all, possibly, is the full-length soundtrack by none other than Hiroyuki Sawano, which in a game this big will likely consist of 90+ tracks (Xenoblade has 91).

But eh, on the offhand chance that it doesn't come out this year, Zelda U, I guess.

All other games releasing this year are secondary concerns.

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
Right now my most anticipated games are: Zelda Wii U, Persona 5, Majora's Mask 3D, and Batman Arkham Knight, and Shantae: Half Genie Hero. TOO BAD I'LL ONLY BE ABLE TO GET THREE OF THESE GAMES.
jNYQZaA.png

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
Right now, my most anticipated game of 2015 is Xenoblade Chronicles X. I absolutely adore Xenoblade Chronicles, and this sequel is shaping up to blow its predecessor out of the water. Each time Nintendo shows gameplay, my jaw falls slack, especially when they showed the transition from night to morning in an E3 video and seeing just how far the camera could pan back. Talk about one heck of a shot!

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is another title I can't wait to get my hands on. I've been in a love/hate relationship with Final Fantasy since the release of Final Fantasy X, with more emphasis on hate in recent years. However, I'm really hopeful that this game is going to turn that dismay back into adoration.

Likewise with Final Fantasy, I became disenchanted with the Legend of Zelda series over the years, with A Link Between Worlds going to be my last hurrah because I just couldn't take how samey the series had become and how the games continued to want to hold my hand. But from what I've played and seen from A Link Between Worlds, Hyrule Warriors, E3 and various interviews with Shigeru Miyamoto and Eiji Aonuma, my interest in Zelda Wii U has graduated from cautious optimism to full blown hype.

Finally, Persona 5 is beginning to show a lot of promise, especially since the creators said that the Persona 3/Persona 4 story is finally going to draw to a close. Why is that is a good thing? Because my biggest fear was that Persona 5 was just going to be just an extension of those two games, and one can only handle so much franchise milking. Also, I want to be able to summon personas by taking selfies. C'mon ATLUS, don't let me down!

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Zelda WiiU and the Final Fantasy X/X-2 remaster are all I'm really looking forward to this year.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Well, aside from Zelda Wii U, and assuming it's going to be released this year, I'm really looking forward to Inside, which is the next game coming out created by those who made Limbo.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
2015 is definitely going to be one of the biggest years in gaming, if not, the biggest year. There are just so many top tier games releasing this year which I think is just fantastic after the not so impressive 2014. With that said, my most anticipated games of the year are:
  • The Legend of Zelda Wii U
  • Halo 5: Guardians
  • Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
  • Batman: Arkham Knight
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
  • Resident Evil HD Remaster
  • Resident Evil: Revelations 2
  • The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
There are definitely others, like Yoshi's Wooly World, Splatoon, The Order: 1886, Bloodborne, and Street Fighter V, but the ones listed are definitely my most anticipated of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom