• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Mom in the Game

Mubble

Pokémon Pusher
Did you let your mom in the games keep your money to save? Did you enjoy her calls? Or her random items sent?

Personally I always liked the little sentimental connection to having a family member back home still to keep me humble, but I found her calls annoying - I'd also often forget she was saving my money and go back home to find I had loads of money there. A nice surprise!

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
In all games where she asks to, I usually let her keep some. It simulates real life rent in a way; you don't kepp all the money you make off your paycheck, some of it goes to the landlord, for example.

The gifts weren't random as far as I know, and they weren't necessarily useful, but fun to have no doubt! I especially loved in Gen 2 where she eventually buys a doll for the room! That was a nice way of spending my money! :D

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
As far as how she's progressed, I think that mostly, Mom has improved every series. She gets a little more annoying after times, what with repeated phone calls and such, but real moms do, too.

I've never felt the need to spend a lot of money in the games, and I've always let her save half of it for me and by the time I get to the Elite Four I have a ton of money and she has twice as much.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
It's kinda fun how she is like "Oh, your'e leaving home at the age of 10 to walk around in the world capturing pokémon and challenge gyms. Ok then, see you in a couple of months, bye!"
A normal mom would be too concerned to even let a 10 year old kid out of town I think.

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
I always let her save my money in the Gen II games but the phone calls were so annoying. I feel like everyone in that game just called you way too often for really stupid things.

Yeah I let her keep the money but I was a fan if her spending the money than again I didn't care because I always got more money later

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom