• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Your Main Outfit

Green dyed Hylian tunic, normal Hylian trousers, Cap of the Wild.
(I refused to enter the dungeons without Link's iconic look so I was sporting the Twilight Princess Tunic until getting the game's version)

If I could remove the wooden shoulder pad thing, then I'd be happier, because it looks better than the actual tunic/set.

TheRockinStallion

If I'm not back in 15 minutes, just wait longer!
Didn't we cover that already? I'M A DUDE!
Those Under Armor compression shorts and NOTHING else!!! :P

SRSLY though, I switch back and forth between the Champion's Tunic/Hylian Trousers and the TP set.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
TP, Classic, and OoT outfits. Champions Tunic, Hylian Hood, and Hylian Trousers and the Knights Armor (dyed black) with either a Hylian Hood or TP hat.

Pen

The game is on!
I change it around a fair deal, but I like wearing a black tunic with a pair of crimson red trousers. With that I'll have some good and matching piece of headgear that I like. Here's an example of one of the outfits I like:

20170406_182452_by_pendio-db5noix.jpg

WindFishTacos

"Look at those sideburns...that's true grit!"
Champions Tunic, Hylian Hood, and the Climbing trousers. The sheikah set is a close second.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Separately, I like the Hylian Hood, Ancient Cuirass, and Soldier Greaves. My favorite outfit is the full Sheikah set, however. Stealth for the win.

GFE

When I'm just running around, I almost always wear the Sheikah armor set for stealth and that great nighttime speed boost. However, I change quite often depending on climate, battle conditions, etc. During early game, I luckily found all of the Climber's set and wore it because I was climbing so much!

I don't really care for looks or special effects (besides cold & heat resistance). In fact I don't really care for my clothes at all now that I think about it. So I just use whatever's appropriate for the climate then switch to stuff with good defense when I'm about to fight an enemy I know is tough, which is most of the time a group of enemies or skeleton enemies that previously killed me. I don't even remember what I beat the final boss with. But if I had to pick one set of clothes, Snowquill set. I know it's bad but I love the idea of cold resistance so much, it makes me feel like I have the freedom to climb as high as I want without a care in the world and it makes me feel so much more adventurous.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I wear the full Climbers Gear 80% of the time. If it gets cold, I put on the Snowquill headdress, and then the cold-resistance pants if it's still cold.
If it's hot, I wear the heat resistant circlet.
If I'm fighting in a "Major Test of Strength" I wear the Barbarian gear though.
I almost never wear the Champion Tunic

I almost never wear the Champion Tunic
I hardly wear it either. I used to wear it when fighting lynels early on so I could see their health but that was also when it was my tunic with highest defense. I've only upgraded it once so 8 defense opposed to my standard 20 defense makes the hp display not worth it. Also it looks weird in-game to me. The tunic itself is really, uh, flat compared to the other stuff I'm used to seeing Link wearing so it makes him look really scrawny. He looks ****ing concave when he wears it; it being tunic length doesnt help with that.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I hardly wear it either. I used to wear it when fighting lynels early on so I could see their health but that was also when it was my tunic with highest defense. I've only upgraded it once so 8 defense opposed to my standard 20 defense makes the hp display not worth it. Also it looks weird in-game to me. The tunic itself is really, uh, flat compared to the other stuff I'm used to seeing Link wearing so it makes him look really scrawny. He looks ****ing concave when he wears it; it being tunic length doesnt help with that.

The fully upgraded Champions tunic is 32 if I remember correctly, so it will be stronger

GFE

The fully upgraded Champions tunic is 32 if I remember correctly, so it will be stronger

That's correct, and that is the highest defense of any upgraded single piece of armor. I assume they did that to make up for the fact that it's not part of a set and therefore has no bonus effect beyond seeing HP numbers which isn't as much of a bonus since you can see the HP bar anyways. Now if you couldn't see the HP bar without it, that would make it much more valuable in my opinion.

I've been using the stealth set a lot now as that makes bug collecting way easier. And I can do . . . I don't know what with them, I guess an elixir or sell if I end up with too many.

Reactions: GFE

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom