• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

YOUR Ideas for the CONFIRMED Gen III Remake

Are you excited for the new games?

• I'm dying!!! :'D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very.

• Yes.

• I don't care.

• No.

• Not at all.

• I'd rather die...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pandanation

Panda Link
I think by now almost everybody has heard about the gen III remake with the confirmed titles of; Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. I want to get together your thoughts/ideas about this! The question that's really bothering me is; why the names OMEGA Ruby and ALPHA Sapphire??? are these names connected to the main story-line somehow or are they just clever names like with HG SS??? The question I bet anybody that has seen the box art is wondering is; What's up with the main legionaries???? Are these mega-evolution's??? Could they be a new form of themselves like with Giratina in Platinum? Another question that is almost unrelated. Will the event pokemon happen before the release, or will Game Freak hold off the events to correspond with the anime like with previous pokemon movies? Final question. Will there be a newly formed Rayquaza too? or will they hold that off for a possible remake of emerald. (assuming we get one and don't miss out like with crystal.)

Dan

The poll options seem rather conflicting, "I'd rather die", "I'm dying". ;p
The names correlate to the Pokemon mascot of the game, Alpha is Kyogre, as Alpha means beginning, which Kyogre is, as it created the sea, Groundon is omega as he created land.

I'm very excited, mainly because it's the first 2D to 3D remake we've ever gotten. The facelifts other games have gotten have always been impressive, but I think that this one in particular is going to be mind-blowing just because of that. Plus, I'm expecting complete integration as far as Emerald is concerned, very similar to what HG and SS did with Suicune and such. Probably the biggest ideas I can think of at this point is integrating the entirety of the Battle Frontier into the post-game, which will automatically increase game time by a HUGE amount. I also want Regigigas to play a part in the awakening of the Regi trio, since that particular side-quest has always been among the most ominous and mysterious of the entire series.

Also, Flannery in full 3D. Don't know if I'll be able to handle that.

Third gen Pokemon is the last time I was truly into the series. Then bew features such as double battles, Pokemon contests, and the Battle Frontier didn't feel as forced as they do in modern installments.

Hopefully, the difficulty of this game is higher than that of the original games. The Elite IV shouldn't have Pokemon in the 40 level range... That's way too low. I'd also prefer for Steven to be the champion, which I'm assuming he will be given these games are based on Ruby and Sapphire, not Emerald.

Chameleon

Down for maintenance.
yay! Third Gen is one of the generations I like the most. I don't really know why Gen II went almost unnoticed for me but anyway, I'm really excited about this. Sure, I was more into the Colosseum games than the actual handheld Ruby/Sapphire games but I still played them and they were awesome. I hope they do the remake in the style of Pokemon X/Y. (Haven't seen any pics or trailers or whatnot so excuse me if I'm being stupid here)

Triforce Hermit

Praise the Sun
Hoenn is my favorite region next to Johto. One thing I hope is that there is more meaningful post-game content. My entire problem with the series is that the post-game content is very little aside from catching them all and online battling. If we could have a secondary story follow up that is meaningful, then I would be happy.

Hoenn is my favorite region next to Johto. One thing I hope is that there is more meaningful post-game content. My entire problem with the series is that the post-game content is very little aside from catching them all and online battling. If we could have a secondary story follow up that is meaningful, then I would be happy.

X and Y really dropped the ball on post-game content, that much is clear. You had Looker quests, which were kind of stupid, and the Battle Maison. That was about it. I don't know if it was time constraints, or just saving it all for the inevitable "Pokemon Z", but they can, and HAVE, done better in the past.

I'd say Johto has the best post-game so far, if not just because we got to see a new Kanto that had changed with the times (Heartgold and Soulsilver did an amazing job with this), but Emerald and Platinum also boast challenging post-games in the form of their Battle Frontiers. The variety that the Battle Frontier brought is, quite honestly, staggering, and acts as a very stout post-game challenge that only those savy to the competitive scene will be able to accomplish. I'm almost certain Alpha and Omega will have the Battle Frontiers, but I'm also expecting some further extra content that we've gotten with every remake ever.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Was hoping one would be called "Beta" so I could make beta-male jokes.

Fig

The Altruist
Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are the very first set of remakes to originate from the 2D plane and entering in a 3D world. What's not to be excited about? There are many reasons why I am excited for these remakes being announced. For starters, we will be reliving the moments that we spent in Hoenn now upgraded in X and Y's engine. Coinciding with this fact is that Nintendo was smart enough to wait for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire to be created for the 3DS as there was a pattern where a set of remakes would be made after two generations have been created that the remake is referencing, i.e. FireRed/LeafGreen is a Gen I remake after Gen III was introduced, HeartGold/SoulSilver is a Gen II remake after Gen IV was introduced. Following this pattern, people were believing that it would be quite possible to receive a remake of Ruby/Sapphire since two generations have already passed but no word of a remake was ever heard of from Nintendo until this past Wednesday. The hype train is real and I simply can't contain my excitement and there are so many questions that need to be answered such as what accessory that will be boxed with the games, what new features have been added that weren't see in previous titles, will we be able to create secret bases once again, and the list goes on!

We will get more information of what to expect for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire as we arrive closer to November and you if you have any news, speculations, or simply want to discuss about the upcoming installments in the Pokemon franchise, please check out this thread here to see what is the the latest piece of information that was revealed about the games.

I whould prefer they just remade emerald.

See the thing is, the extension of a generation has never been created as a remake as the core Pokemon video games have always sold both generations and remakes in sets of pairs. What they do in the remakes is that they usually add the feature that was part of the extension into the remake so the entire generation can be within the remake. Thus is why we don't see remakes of Yellow, Crystal, and Emerald when the concept of remaking a past generation was in development. That stated, I truly believe that we will be seeing the Battle Frontier in glorious a 3D world and battle the Frontier Brains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom