• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your ideal career

Most of us never get to be what we want to be or we realise what we want to do with our lives too late in life, which is a shame.

so, if you could turn back time (or if you're young move it forward) what would you like to become as career or vocation?

For me, i wish i'd had a scientific mind, I'd like to have been an entropy scientist (that's not their name its just what i call them), I'd have liked to have studied the decaying of materials in numerous conditions. Like be the kind of educated person that could detect how and why a building came crashing down or date how old a structure is based on the weathered material its made out of.

Ah the road not travelled but i just dont have the smarts for it, how about you guys?

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
I'm hoping to get involved in the film industry as a freelance director and screenwriter. I don't care if I ever made it to the Oscars, but if I could work in Hollywood it'd be awesome. At the same time, I also really like the indie film industry and particpating and showing my films in festivals would be great!

Salem

SICK
I used to want to be a doctor or a dentist, sometimes I just wanted to install and fix elevators, sometimes farming, I dunno.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Well, I'm currently working towards my ideal career, and I'd love to one day be the Head Creative Director at a game studio. Definitely not the actual CEO however, too much business with that, but have every day's work just be about being creative and watching your own creations come to life, I think I would definitely love that.

If I was to just disregard what I'm doing now and think of some kind of dream job... Cadbury's Head Chocolate Tester. :)

Reactions: Dio
My ideal career doesn't exist, and I haven't found any job or school subject that at all makes me happy.

I suppose realistically I'd just build computers for people for a living, but there really isn't money in that. I've done it for companies but they all ended up being miserable in the end.

So I guess my answer would be : Sugar Mamma.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
university professor. I'm beginning my phd work this summer. It's pretty much what I've been working for since I was fifteen.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Something creative, it would be fun to create things or be part of a creative process. I'd love to be a fan-convention organizer, but then again that could become stressful, lol

Published Author, even if I'll never be a best selling one, I hope enough people will like it so I can contribute all the wonder books have given me and getting paid to do it too? Hell yeah!

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
My "dream" job would be professional soccer player OR professional video game player OR artist that made enough to live well or one married to a rich woman.

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I want to be a video game programmer/developer, or maybe some kind of voice actor. I'm currently looking into learning programming and game design. The voice actor thing is more of a fantasy, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom