• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Idea for a New Zelda Game

X

xaeolus

we all love the legend of zelda, (if you don't then why are you even on this forum?) and I at least have had several Ideas for new games, and I'd be willing to bet that you have too. tell me about your Ideas.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
This has been done before, many times...

My answer is the same as always: I wrote two alternate-universe-y fan fictions that I'd love to see turned into Zelda games (so long as I'm hired to be on the dev. team, co-writer and I given royalties and appropriate fame, of course). Yes, I'd love to be, in TV Tropes terms, "Running the Asylum."

First of my stupid fanfics I'd like to see game'd: The Great Desert In the simplest terms, it's "Wild West Zelda" - It's also got quite a bit of sci-fi in it. Written before Skyward Sword came out, I'm thinking of revising the story a bit to included Skyward Sword's lost-technology mythos. This story is also my answer to the debate of "guns in Zelda." (In the story, the Master Sword is still king, Link's six-shooter merely replaces his bow and is great for killing ReDeads).

The other idea of mine I'd like to see a game is this one: Rise of Evil This fic is in need of editing pretty badly, I warn. I wrote it in response to forum posts here about what a game starring Ganondorf would be like. So, I wrote a game-style fan fiction that follows Ganondorf on a quest to murder the Sages of Hyrule and gain power enough to conquer the land. The "final boss" is Link, and Ganon wins. It is a "lost era" in Hyrule's history. Also, it is a distant sequel to "The Great Desert," hence a messed-up-linear Timeline, but if you can get past that, you may find it enjoyable.

In other words, when I speculate design and story for "fictional new game" - I write entire stupid fanfics.

X

xaeolus

dude.. that's pretty close to my Ideas! only in mine link and ganondorf's terminian version work together in either a co-op or tag-team game, fighting against the "sorcerer majora" that sixgun Idea was really cool too. just think - link a gun in one hand and a sword in the other.. epicness. by the way I'm new here, so is there a way to find out if a topic is taken? thanks for your input sage of tales

I've never wanted them to change the story telling of Zelda. They could probably update the technology a little, I suppose. I'd probably make a lot of changes in the gameplay, but Skyward Sword was a step in the direction I wanted it to go. Although, I'd like more of a Metal Gear Solid-style rewards system. By that I mean, accomplishing ridiculous tasks gives ridiculous rewards. So, as an example, if you go through the whole game without taking damage, then you get the Hylian Shield(Skyward Sword-style(Infinite Durability)) when you start the game. Something along those lines. Also, they could add the concept of enemies getting angry and trying to find you if they see a fellow enemy dead on the ground. Simple little adjustments like this could probably make a world of difference. I'd like to see some more mature story elements, I suppose. You know, real death. Not like in Twilight Princess where you thought Midna was killed. I'll be honest; I enjoyed seeing Ganondorf getting stabbed in the head and chest. He actually died. You truly saved Hyrule. That's not the same idea, though. They just need some people to die. I know it sounds kind of messed up to want to see more death, but it would allow for so much more character emotions and you would feel that much better when you killed the main evil character. Again, Skyward Sword took a step in this direction, where Demise almost killed Zelda. It felt more rewarding to kill him.

There's not much else I can say, really. I just want, an overall more mature Zelda game. I'm not talking about Twilight Princess and its T-rated...ness. Another way of putting it, I guess, would be to combine my two favorite game franchises. (If you didn't pick it up, those are Zelda and Metal Gear.)

Alright then. *cracks knuckles* This is one of those times where being a pro fanfiction writer comes in handy.

I've always had this idea for a rather dark, Majora's Mask - Twilight Princess story. (TP graphics with a combined dark/deep storyline.) I'd probably set it when it's farther into the future, in the Child Timeline or something. It goes like this: there is a fourth piece of the Triforce, the "blank" spot in the middle. It is actual the Triforce of Darkness/Evil, created by Ganondorf who tried to play god. When he tried to use it, it sent an apocalyptic explosion, forcibly ending all life in Hyrule. The goddesses, however, are obviously still alive, and this time, help Din recreate the humans. About a hundred years after the explosion, a general outline of Hyrule is restored. Link is again reborn, and this time, his job is to help Hyrule get restored to its former glory, discover who is the new Zelda, and defeat Ganondorf yet again.

This, of course, needs to be expanded upon, but you know, details.

I would love to see a zelda game that is really long and hard. One of the fun parts of Zelda is to get stuck and try to figure out how to get further. I dont like that the new Zelda games are deverting away from that.

Skyward sword was way to easy for me, took all the fun out of it. Except for that, just make a classic zelda game with all the usual Zelda components! A Link to the Past is a perfect example for this. It was hard to figure out what to do the first time, and it was pretty long because of that.

i would like to see a game that took place like during the great war the deku tree talked about that would be really cool

Z

zeldafan1on1

i would like to see a zelda game with the same link from OoT and same location

I would like to see either a game before SS, or the very end of the timeline. Possibly as a two player mode with Zelda.. or a whole spin off in the future where Zelda is a main character maybe. :p

I think Nintendo has proven time and time again that they know what's better for Zelda than I do, so I think I'll leave it to them.
Edit:
Now that I really think about it, I think it would be awesome if they made a third game for the Hero of Time, or a third game to the original two. I would love to see either of those Links again.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Id like to see a game during the hyrulean civil war where none of the races trust each other, or a prequel type to Spirit Tracks where you actually discover New Hyrule and have to travel the unknown area. Except it can't be like the DS game, it HAS to be like the Wind Waker.

OR id like to see a game in between Links Awakening and LoZ that involves descendants of the 3 oracles

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom