• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Your Hyrule Warriors Tier List

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Since AoC is coming soon, I thought it might be fun to take a look back on HW and think about the characters we liked to use. I found this tier list maker for the cast, so who do you like to use and who do you hate to use? We all have our own lists, so go nuts!

hyrule_warriors_tier_list.png

This is my list. I try to avoid using everyone that isn't in "Like" or above, but most of the time I stick very strictly to those three in Main. I don't use the others at all if I can help it. Their playstyles do not jive with me at all.

Never got around to getting the DLC for this game so I missed out on a lot of characters.
It's been a while but if memory serves it looks something like this.

Hyrule warriors tier list.jpg

I specifically remember annihilating hordes with Lana's sorcery book, Link's swords & Zelda's rapier.

Good times. So happy AoC is a thing!

Link because he's the strongest; he gets leveled up quick by default in Legend Mode.
Zelda because GIRL POWER. <3 The main girl, anyway. I like her Triforce attacks.
Ganondorf's usually strong even if he's not as leveled up. His lightning is epic.

Fighting against Impa usually makes me cuss. She's a pain in Hard/Hero mode with all her combos.

I don't know if it's just me but Midna and Fi are kinda weak. Ghirahim, too. You have to really upgrade them.
Like I said, most of the characters pale in comparison to Link because of the tedious leveling up they require.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
iPjJlvM.png

The ones in the top 2 rows are definitely the ones I use most often. The main thing that differentiates the "Excellent" tier from the "Great" tier is their competency in battle. The ones in Excellent are most all rounders, while the ones in great tier tend to be more situational.

I may select any character from the middle two tiers as well though, because I do enjoy playing with them and have learned how to be competent with almost all of them. The exceptions are the ones in the second last tier, which are all characters I have used and can use but still need to learn how to use them properly.

Then there's Tingle. Just why. The only character I feel has no real strengths and is just a weak character overall. Also dat butt.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I've only played Hyrule Warriors on the Wii U (outside a short demo of the 3DS Version), and I haven't played it for a couple of years, but this is roughly how I remember enjoying the game. I don't particularly HATE using anybody, though there's very obvious favourites that I have fond memories using.

download.png

my-image.png

Tier explanations:

S: Favorites: Powerful and useful. My preferred characters.
A: B-Team: Strong characters who either do many things well or some things really well. I enjoy using them.
B: Novel: Characters who work well enough, or do one or two things quite well. I don't mind using them, and sometimes pick them for fun.
C: Functional: Not terrible to use, but something about them makes it not click. But generally don't have a problem when using them as-required.
D: Averse: Weak, slow, bland, repetitive, clunky... something about each of these is just off-putting. Only use when necessary. Never just for fun.
E: CATACLYSMIC HATRED: I despise you. I loathe you. I would wipe you from the memory of existence if I could. My hatred for you spins entire new realities because one universe isn't big enough to house just how much I yearn for your annihilation. Every moment I spend playing you, only when absolutely necessary, I spend growling and muttering and spitting curses in your name. Every one of your animations fills me with white-hot rage. Your every sound is like nails on a chalkboard. Your moveset is like a poison ivy catheter wrapped with stinging nettles. Every level I play that makes me use you gives me the colossal desire to track down every spinoff game you're in and launch them into the sun out of sheer spite. Die.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom