• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Heart Vs Your Head

Do you follow your heart or your head?

• Heart

• Head

Results are only viewable after voting.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
When you make a big decision, do you tend to go with your heart or your head more often? What do you think is better?

I tend to follow my head more because I agonise over everything until I drive myself crazy. However, I don't always think my head makes the best decision because sometimes it really just is what is going to make you happier, not what is necessarily the smart choice. So, nowadays I am trying to go with my heart/gut a little bit more.

P.S. I only ask what you tend to do more often or what tends to have the upper hand in your decision making, because obviously we all use a combination of some kind but like, what do you tend to listen to more?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Heart will always win out for me, if something doesn't feel right i don't do it and vice versa. Though with some decisions i do end up agonizing over it and that's mainly due to me not knowing how to feel about it.

Malia

Passive aggressive custom rank B)
Depends on the situation. Sometimes it's better to follow my emotions, and other times, it's logic. For the most part anyway.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
my heart has consistently proven unable to make sound decisions. it's privileges in this regard have been completely revoked.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
It depends. Let's say you need money and the only job available is a job you don't really like. But you do need the money and it gets paid very well. Then it's better to follow your head.
And there is a situation in which you get a feeling not to take the bus somewhere but it takes you faster to your destination. Still your heart tells you not to take the bus. In that case I definitely follow my heart.
And there are like so many other situations. In most cases I do follow my heart.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I tend to use my head in the process of making the decision, and if I'm still on the fence after that, then I use my heart to sway myself to one side or the other to finalize the decision. Since the stage of using my heart doesn't always happen in my decision-making process, I definitely use my head more.

I've made a recent decision to change from a laid-back but low-pay part-time job (that I've had for several years) to a higher-pay but fast-paced full-time job. For this decision I relied on my head, realizing that I need more money and that I would respond well to the challenge of a fast pace, even if I had more stress and less spare time. I know I've made the right decision, and that's all that really matters to me.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
There needs to be a 50/50 option, because I think that's what I'd choose.

Kyru

WOAHHHH!
Logic will always trump feelings for me. If you are taking a quiz/test and you have that feeling you know the answer is just not the same things as KNOWING the answer. Now, not everything has an answer, that would be absurd to think that, however, with those cases you really have to weigh your options (logically) and if you find a few that logically fit well enough you have to go with your gut (heart) instinct at which one is the best.

I always look for more information(head) when I can but sometimes you just run out of logic and have to run on pure emotion(heart).

D

Deleted member 81859

I have to follow my heart, and make the morally sound decision.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
Jeez, this feels like such a loaded question.

I don’t like the poetic use of “heart” to mean our emotional side or what makes us feel good. Hearts pump blood. I feel like this is unnecessarily dividing what we view as smart. How is focusing on our mental welfare by trying to achieve happiness not smart?

I think I choose my mental-welfare more often, but hardly keep track.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I don't think anyone, ever, sticks to one throughout their life, so both. Each decision is completely situational and will lean towards one side.

Pen

The game is on!
Used to be, I always wanted to follow my head and always do only the logical thing. It was hard for me since I think that even back then I wanted to follow my heart more, but I forced myself to being more sensible than sensitive. Now however, I've finally started following my heart more than I follow my head. It feels more right for me to do it this way, but of course we're all different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom