• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Head, Heart or Gut?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
We all let one of those three dictate our choices in life. My question to you is, which of the three do you depend on the most? Do you trust your instincts? Do you follow your heart? Or do you trust your thoughts? Which one and why? Is the one you follow the most very dependable? Why or why not? Discuss.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I mostly follow what my head is thinking since it does all the thinking. Thoughts, not so much. Heart, sometimes I do. Mostly I use my head to think about my choices in life as it goes on and on.

My head, definitely. I always try to think things through to make the right choice. Sometimes this backfires when you overthink, but I think that it's the most prudent way to deal with things.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I usually trust my heart or my gut. Whenever I use my head I usually overthink or underthink things and I end up making a bad decision. Trusting my instincts or following my heart usually work for me even though I'm scared to listen to any of them anyways.

Pen

The game is on!
I went mostly with my gut and my heart in the start. Now I try deliberately go with my head more instead. I still like my gut somewhat.

(Heheh! I love my bad rhyming!)

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I use my heart most of the time. Though I would kind of associate my heart's intentions with my gut too, most are instinctive. That's what I tend to go with the majority of the time, just what I feel in that specific moment. A lot of the time I can be right, though I can also be wrong a lot of the time. Of course this can lead to rash and bad choices but I don't like to dwell in the moment.

However, there will be times where I use my head, these are in moments that more so require thinking though.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
My gut feeling. You know when something just doesn't feel right - that's the sense I rely on the most. I tend to over think things, or talk myself out of things. Like with multiple choice on a test, I usually keep switching between two answers, so I just keep the one I originally chose based on this gut feeling because more often than not that is the right answer. I think they're all kinda connected to each other though.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
My heart has a long history of making awful decisions. I can almost use it as an anti-compass.

I've learned to trust my gut more in recent years and have come to the conclusion that gut reaction and properly reasoned judgement are two sides of the same coin - subconscious and conscious processes that use the same sensory data and life experience as a guide.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
I almost always use my head. Thinking things through is what I always do in order to solve a problem, and I find it very effective.

JoeDeLait

Zig Zag Wanderer
Well I have a high metabolism, so when I have an important decision to make my gut is still digesting my breakfast, meaning that it's all up to you head! (See what I did there? 'it's all up to you head'....UP....as in one's head is above......heh....heh...hee ok it was terrible.)

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I say that I go with my heart most often.

My heart and gut are basically the same. At times, I go with my head. But mostly, I listen to my heart, and see where that leads me :)

Yet at times, my head decides to push my heart out of the way, and I over think things. Sometimes I end up regretting my choices. Other times, I don't.

Really, I guess it depends on my mood. It depends on the situation too. At times I use my head, and at other times I use my heart. But if the two clash against each other, and both seem logical, then I tend to listen to my heart instead.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Oh, about my head and gut.

My gut feeling is sometimes the same as what my heart believes, but othertimes it's just instinct. Instinct isn't the same as emotions for me. I don't like going on instinct, it feels primal and just a bit harsh.

But the head. I am a very illogical person. I can go in circles over something and think I'm going in a straight line. Knowing that, I don't try to think too hard about things. I just trust my feelings. Even if it leads me to the wrong path, feelings >>> my brain. :)

The last time I went with my gut, I broke my wrist.

Usually, my heart decides what I want to do, but my head just thinks of a good way to do it. That way, I can still do what I want, but with less chance of it backfiring on me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom