• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your First Pokemon

The first merchandise/game I ever got was Pokémon Leafgreen which my mother played as I didn't understand the mechanics of Pokémon at the time (As I was a toddler). Anywho, the first Pokémon I got was Squirtle as I <3 water Pokémon.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
When I was really little (like, before I even had a GameCube or any kind of gaming system) my cousin gave me an Oddish card. It was first edition. Unfortunately, I folded it up, so it's kind of falling apart now, but you know... XD

EDIT: And since everyone's apparently answering for their first Pokémon in the games, I'll share mine as well. It was Umbreon and Espeon in Pokémon Colosseum. For the main games, it was Piplup in Pearl.

When I was 7 or 8 I wen to Burger King and they had Pokemon as the toy
Of Course, I had heard of it, but never really understood it.
So whn I got my meal, The toy came with a Turtwig card.

I was kind of interested in it for a little while, but didn't know anything about the game or the show.

I didn't want to play any of the games until a month after I got myself a gameboy, last year.
My friend told me she had an old Pokemon game for the GameBoy, That I could have, since she didn't have a gameboy anymore.
When she gave it to me, I didn't know which one it was, since the label was partially ripped off, but my other friend told me it was either Crystal or Silver
It was Crystal. I chose Chikorita as my starter :)

I've liked it ever since, even if I may be a little behind...not being interested when I was a kid or anything xD

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
The first Pokemon related merchandise I ever saw was a huge Pikachu plushie. Needless to say, I still have it to this day.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
First Pokemon Related thing I ever saw was my five-year-old friend's Mewtwo card. If I had known at the time that it was such a rare card, i probably would've bargained him for it, but I wasn't even into Pokemon at that time. It did get me into collecting cards, though, because I thought it looked cool! Of course, I was disappointed since none of the cards I collected looked as awesome as his...

Unfortunately, I have since lost my collection of 189 cards, which makes me sad :( I haven't collected Pokemon cards in like 6 or something years!

I'm not a big Pokemon person, but I recall it with clarity. Pokemon: Sapphire. My two sisters each got one of the other versions there, the eldest receiving Ruby and the youngest getting emerald.

My starter was Mudkip... every time. [/nostalgia]

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
First experience with Pokemon was being bought Pokemon Yellow. I then watched the TV show and, well, it all went from there. :P So, I was bombarded with 'Pikachu' from an early age basically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom