• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your First Pokemon

H

Hëradïn

I was probably 8 or 9. We were on a field trip and my friend brought pokémon (it was either red or blue) and he let me play a little. We (my brother and I) already had gameboys (the original ones that took 4 AA batteries!) so we begged our mom to buy the games. I know my brother played up to gen 4 and I and my sister have black and white respectively.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
My first experiences with Pokemon was the show and my cousins Pokemon Yellow so naturally the first Pokemon I knew about was Pikachu.

Dragon Master

Master of Dragon Pokemon
I watched my big brother play pokemon for as long as I can remember. He doesn't care about it now, but I'm crazy for it. My first game was his pokemon blue. I started it when I was 3. My first pokemon that I ever saw waass Charizard. It was his. I loved it, so I restarted the game and chose Charmander. Of course he gave me tons of help, but once I started reading I gradually got better and to this day I still play pokemon.

When I was little, I always watched my older brother or sister play pokemon red or blue. They occasionally let me play and the game just intrigued me so much. To tell the truth though, I may have watched the anime first, I was so young I can hardly remember.

I first heard of pokemon when I was 10 or 9. I liked the name pokmon so I got my first pokemon game Fire Red, and I first saw Squirtle and fell in love with it! hehe! So Squirtle was my first.

Oh god, my first game was Pokémon yellow for the original gameboy, so i couldn't choose between bulbasaur, charmander and squirtle. So i had no choice to use pikachu ( he's a great Pokémon by the way).

Jedizora

:right:
My first pokemon? That was squirtle. I had originally played it for pokemon red, and because he was blue, I picked him. He was terrible, because I was young and I didn't know how to use him : P

My first Pokemon game was Red. My starter Pokemon was Squirtle. I nearly beat the entire game with it alone; after it evolved into a Blastoise, of course. :yes:

DJY

A long time ago there were these things called tomagatchi's. They were very popular and they made a pikachu version of it. This was so much fun for me.....

Charmander :3 And I still have him to this day (as a charizard) thats over 10 years or something or whenever fire red came out. I have a huge story just around charizard and how I saved his life by sending him to a gamecube memory card before my parents sold all of my games :3 hehehehe

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
Pokemon is so deeply ingrained into my childhood, I can't even remember when or how it began. I probably started out watching the show, then got into the games and the cards shortly after. I got Red, my first game, as a gift when it came out, along with my Gameboy color. Charmander was my starter (I developed a soft spot for fire types) and the game file is still on the original one I started a decade ago. I actually just finished the pokedex on it this past summer :P I don't think I can bring myself to restart it.

shaymin1

Derp.
I'm not exactly sure what was the first Pokemon I saw but I know that I got introduced to the game because of my older brother playing Pokemon on his Gameboy. I was a little 3 year old and I always was watching my brother play it. Eventually I bought my own copy and I still play it today. :)

S

ShinyFlitwick

It was the anime first, when I was 4 or 5 years old, but at that time I didn't even know the games existed. I watched the first two or three seasons then I got bored with it. I never had anything else to do with the series or show until my friend introduced me to Diamond/Pearl. After that I've been a huge fan of the game series.

On a side note, I did get into the Pokemon TCG for a little while after I decided to purchase a booster pack for no apparent reason. That first booster pack had the Delta Dark-type Charizard card. I still have it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom