• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your First Pokemon

C

Caleb, Of Asui

I can't really remember any particular incident being introduced to Pokemon. I have various memories of the first- and second-gen seasons of the anime, as well as memories of seeing the first movie, playing the card game, and borrowing my older brother's Gold Version and messing around with the promise not to save so as not to disrupt anything in-game. It was really my older brother who was interested in it at the time, and bits and pieces trickled down onto my shoulders. I didn't play a full Pokemon game myself until Pokemon Colosseum.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
My first Pokemon happened to be Chikorita. I love Chikorita and all of its evolutions. Such a...green Pokemon, led me to decimate the Elite Four and literally erase Red from the plane of existence that is Kanto (basically, Red was so jelly that he left).

Only merchandise I can remember were the TGC, EVERYONE in 1st grade collected them, though I don't know WHY they did. Fun experiences I had, no doubt!

First PKMN show was the original, the first episode where Ash went to Professor Oak's lab to get his first Pokemon. That show was so amazing :kawaii:

Conor

the over analysing guy
Call me crazy but I never even touched a pokemon game till fire red came out, the closest I came was getting stabbed by beedrills on the great fox...I guess that'd be the second pokemon I ever saw cos they both happened the same day. My first time playing a SSB game, too :D that was a good day.

Zelda Druggie, if that's the case then the pigeot or whatever else from the show would've been your first time seeing a pokemon, but I know what you mean, I have a level 100 venasaur from firered that is older than one of my dogs :lol:
Yes true, if we're going there then Pikachu probably would've been the first Pokemon I'd ever seen, but the first Pokemon I owned was Mudkip ^_^

First PKMN show was the original, the first episode where Ash went to Professor Oak's lab to get his first Pokemon. That show was so amazing :kawaii:
Ah I'll never forget that either, so much nostalgia in Pokemon for so many :(

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I haven't ever gotten into an official Pokemon game, except Pokemon 64 which my brothers and I chose it over buying Ocarina of Time, believe it or not. Other than this--and the SSB series--I've had no contact with Pokemon (save watching younger friends play it).

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
the first pokemon merch/anything i saw was a pikachu plushie I bought 2 years ago

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I've known about Pokemon from a very early age. There were Pokemon cards at school and Pikachu was just everywhere. I think at my cousins was where I first played Leaf Green or one of the similar games. I remember my cousin being really mean and owning me xD. I went on to buy a lot more and play it, watched the anime as a kid and I still love it. And now I am stronger in the world of Pokemon and I can go back and beat my cousin. ^^

Mubble

Pokémon Pusher
I was very young when Pokemon first came out - so my first experiences were with the whole franchise, from the anime, to the cards, to the games - I played Blue as soon as it came out. I think Charmander was my first as I thought it was cute and fire seems to obliterate all in its path. I collected the cards and all my friends swapped them at school, we were die-hard into it.

LTTPLEGEND

Whispering Sword of Heros
my first pokemon was pikachu and i was with pokemon since its very begining i still have my gameboy color pokemon yellow version with evey pokemon on it including the mew that i had to go nuts to have some one trade it to me i also own saphire ruby platnum heart gold and fire red and leaf green

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
What first got me into Pokemon, was the Spaceworld '97 coverage in Nintendo Power issue #104. I saw Pikachu and Poliwhirl on the first page... and I was instantly hooked. Everything I was hearing about the games, how you could collect Pokemon, and trade/battle... it sounded so awesome! I liked the idea of Pokemon at this point.

As things went on, I saw more coverage and became even more interested. I heard in Nintendo Power about a limited edition Game Boy Pocket case with a Pikachu on the front, if you got it the first day. So I planned to get Red or Blue the day they were released, and I did. I ended up with Red, for some reason. And my first Pokemon was a Charmander, partly because that was the first one on the left.

Ever since, I've enjoyed Pokemon, and gotten at least one game of every generation. ^^

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
My first game was Pearl and my first Pokemon was turtwig. I loved him so much, and I was so impressed with his evolved form, Grotle, I didnt evolve him. He won so many battles and became the leader of my team.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I think it was Ho-Oh, yeah, when I bought the game HG that was the first pokemon I ever laid eyes on. The first pokemon I ever fought with was Totodile, my starter back then, I was so excited about it and quickly got hooked with the game.

WW IsDa Bombchu

Fez+Bowtie=Time
First game, Emerald. First pokemon, Blaziken. I'm serious. Not Torchic, nor Combusken. I let my friend have it as soon as I bought, being 8 at the time, him being 13, and he guided me through the process of making my trainer, showed me how to use Pokemon, etc... But, first thing he did was get me a Torchic, run through to the nearest trade area, and traded me a lvl 10 Blaziken for my Lvl 5 Torchic. His cousin had an Action Replay, which is how he managed the lvl 10 Blaziken. Throughout all this, I just watched. He then gave it back to me saying he had essentially beaten the game for me... Since he did the whole beginning, I learned about the running shoes a lot later. Like 2nd play through later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom