• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your First Pokemon

Conor

the over analysing guy
In this thread I'd like to know, what was the first pokemon or pokemon related merchandise you ever saw? Maybe it was the anime, an advert, perhaps the videogame, what enticed you personally into the pokemon craze?
I remember mine vividly, an original machop pokemon card, where he's lifting a boulder bigger than his body above his head, that intrigued me. What about you lot?

ZeldaOcarina

Princess of Hyrule
I was about five or six when I first played Pokemon Blue on my Gameboy pocket. It was actually my first game, and it really got me interested in the series. So, yeah, I've been there since just after the series kicked off in America. Like I remember when most of the Pokemon products were first coming out, haha.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
When I was 3, me, my brother, and my parents have visited Germany. We went into a toy store, and I saw a Pikachu plushie. My parents asked me if I wanted to get it and I said yes. I loved that silly plushie very much and I still have it. :3

yeah, I think we all have some fond childhood memory of pokemon, wether it be the games, toys, cards or cartoon.

Pen

The game is on!
When I was 4 or 5 I started watching the anime, and it became my favorite show immediately. After a very short period of time I started collecting cards and I got Pokémon Pinball for my Game Boy Color (that was my first game ever). Perhaps a year later I started playing the main series games, so I got Pokémon Crystal, and I chose Cyndaquil as my starter Pokémon. He grew to level 86 or something like that, but eventually I restarted the game, so I don't have him anymore.

But ever since I was 5 I've been a great Pokémon fanatic (now I'm 16), and Pokémon is actually the game series that I've been playing for the longest time. Today I'd say Pokémon is the second best game series in the world though (after The Legend of Zelda).

I used to watch my brother play Pokemon Red with my uncle. Then when Ruby and Sapphire came out, I saved up all my money to buy a GBA SP and Pokemon Sapphire. Best money I've ever spent.

chris112

ゼルダファンの伝説!
I have a bad memory but if I'm correct, my first Pokemon Game was Emerald and my first Pokemon was Treecko. Not too sure though, I have a bad memory.

My first Pokemon game was Sapphire, and I remember I was annoyed because I didn't see any of the same Pokemon I saw on the show, I really wanted a pidgeot xD My first Pokemon was Mudkip, and I'm proud to say it's now a level 100 Swampert :D

Conor

the over analysing guy
Zelda Druggie, if that's the case then the pigeot or whatever else from the show would've been your first time seeing a pokemon, but I know what you mean, I have a level 100 venasaur from firered that is older than one of my dogs :lol:

Kybyrian

I have seen so many Pokemon in my time it's hard to recall which one I saw first - though it was probably Pikachu - but I definitely do know of the one that stuck in my mind the most. From the moment I started watching the anime I was obsessed with the appearance of Pidgeot. I made it my main goal in all of the first few generations of Pokemon games to get a Pidgeot. That Pokemon is just awesome.

My first actual Pokemon was Squirtle, though.

Last edited:

Wolferz

Do a Barrel Roll
My first would have to be Pikachu surprisingly! When I was a kid, I had Pokemon Yellow so that's why Pikachu was my starter. Ah the good times we had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom