• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your First Playthrough of a Zelda Game.

Guide usage

• Never use a guide

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very rarely use a guide.

• Moderatly use a guide.

• Use the guide as step-by-step instructions.

• Total voters

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
On my first playthrough I very rarely used a Player's Guide or Walkthrough. And actually the first Zelda game I even used one on was The Wind Waker. I never used one of any of the previous Zelda games until after I beat the game several times and found most everything I possibly could do.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
I only have a guide to see like what kind of stuff Beedle is going to sell later on in the game or what reward I'll get for a specific amount of gratitude crystals (for SS anyway).

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
My first actual playthrough was ALttP and I was like 7 and I had the Nintendo Player's Guide. So I used it lol. I got all of the items and such and i felt very accomplished since i was young

I use a guide moderatly. I'll play by myself but if i get stuck i dont really have the patiance to wait. And i hate to think that missed out on something because i did it wrong. Although just ordered MM so i'm gonna play it without a guide...or atleast thats my aim :P

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
i try to go through it on my own so i can,like,have a sense of accomplishment or something
but sometimes,im just helpless:

saw a couple of wakthroughs for ocarina of time [for a couple of temples.....and dodongos cavern]
only the ancient cistern for skyward sword [****ing wiimote battery limit -_-]
a handful of times for link's awakening [original GBA battery limit...]
the NES zeldas [only on where to find the next dungeon/palace]
and i think maybe on minish cap

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
my golden rule of playing zelda- first time around no cheats! cheats for me include asking friends and looking online. i have found that breaks usually work if i am stuck.

it depends with me.
I definitely try not to use any sort of guide unless I have spent so much time on something that i'm past frustrated.
I remember looking at guides for wind waker when I was in elementary school because I didn't know how to beat the first boss. LOL
/loser

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
My first game was The Wind Waker. My sister and I played it together for a while, before we reached Forsaken Fortress. We couldn't figure out how to get to the top; we always missed one searchlight off to the side, and therefore kept getting caught.

Eventually, we found the magic of online walkthroughs, and we found that searchlight and finally completed that evil mini-dungeon. If my memory serves me correctly, we briefly skimmed through the rest of the walkthrough, but we didn't exactly use it again until the Wind Temple. We couldn't figure out how to get Makar out of his cage.

I must thank the walkthrough, though. Since I hadn't played Ocarina of Time at that point, it taught me all the enemy names without Navi's help. ^^

Only use a guide if i positivly absolutly get stuck. I dont see a purpose of one otherwise.

At the time that I first played OOT (I was 6 at the time) I had no clue whatsoever of the existence of some kind of guides. So basically I just trusted on my instincts and those of my brothers (with whom I played it on our new N64 system). Nowadays I only do when I'm completely stuck or getting frustrated by something. I guess my last time I used it was for something really stupid in SS. I actually believe it was with the bokoblin base in Eldin omg.. Had no idea how I could bypass them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom