• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your First Nintendo Direct

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
This popped up in my mind, news for a Nintendo Direct is something we all follow and look forward to, but what was your first one ever? How'd you hear about it and what did you understand it to be vs what it actually was?

I've actually been following directs since the very beginning. I can't remember how I've come to learn about their video presentations, I can only assume it was through David Turnbull's channel just called Nintendo3DS since that might've been the first Nintendo news channel I ever followed. But either way, I caught the direct wave at the very start and have stuck ever since, though of course I didn't catch every live presentation, but I've seen all of them the day of. Side note: 2011 was also probably when I started to become aware of E3 and only in the next year or two did I also began to follow it.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've been watching them since the very beginning as well. I think that first one was a general Nintendo Direct focusing on smaller titles like Dillon's Rolling Western if memory serves correct. I also remember there being a New Super Mario Bros. 2 Direct as one of the first ones since it was the first Nintendo first party game to ever receive DLC.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
From the start here as well. I think I learnt about it since I'm subscribed to their youtube-channel since before that, and I also follow Nintendo on twitter

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I didn't really know about Nintendo Directs before I joined here. I wasn't on the internet much, so I didn't really follow any gaming news. Now that I know they exist, though, I keep an eye out for when they'll be happening. It's fun to hang out in the shoutbox while it's live and watch everyone complain lol.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
Uhhh I think the Terry one? From September 2019. I found out about Banjo coming to smash the day after through Alpharad and while I didn't really understand how the announcements were made until then I was disappointed to have missed it, and that's what led me to following the online Smash community and keeping track of directs/announcements. Haven't missed a direct or a smash reveal since
edit: I take that back, I actually never watch the mini directs or the ones for games I don't care about, just the big generic ones

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom