• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Your First Impression on the Zelda Series?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I'm pretty sure most of us here are fans of the Zelda series, well at least I hope so...

So what I was thinking is what were your first thoughts when you first popped in that cartridge, the first time you inserted that tiny disc, the first time you pulled out that pen, the first time you swung a controller in a sword action, well you get the point. Essentially what were your first thoughts on the Zelda series, I'm mainly taking about the first time you actually played a Zelda game.

Were they good/bad? Was your experience revolutionary and for what ever view you had then, how is it changed over the years for the better or for the worse?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
"A game, for my birthday?" I said. I placed the cartridge into the brand new system, some Ninten-Sexy-Four. Pressing the power button, all that happened was a revving-up of my senses. Sensations turned to perceptions. Perceptions turned to nothing more than life itself. I was finally in a world outside of the tiny one I knew.

From there...all that happened was peaking...then of course the snowball started to roll downhill. :I

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Before being introduced to the Zelda series, I had never played an Action-Adventure game before. I'd heard the name of the series before and had played as Link in Super Smash Bros., but the closest thing I'd ever gotten to a high-stakes adventure was Pokemon Red. Obviously, playing a game with a world that asked you to explore its nooks and crannies to find everything it had to offer for the first time was quite the experience, not to mention plowing through the treacherous dungeons. Ocarina of Time plunged me into a new realm of gaming that I didn't even know existed, and it had a pretty huge impact on my gaming life. I'm pretty sure Ocarina of Time is what truly made me become a gamer, and I know it made me instantly want to play any other Zelda game I happened to come across. It didn't take long after that for Zelda to become my favorite game series -- a few years -- and I doubt it will ever stop being my favorite.

Yeah, the less that's said about my MM experience (which was technically my first Zelda experience) the better.

But with Link's Awakening, boy that's another story. I can't really say that it felt that different from playing a Pokemon game.......that is, until I had to drag that Chain Chomp back to that girl. From then on, the game became much MUCH more enjoyable and impressed itself in my mind forever. :party:

Last edited:

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
First game was aLttP. My first impression? "My God, this is overly tedious" Impression after beating it? "That was nice...but I don't think I want to beat this game more than once." And until OoT came along, that's how I felt for the others (Or rather...LoZ and LA. I loathed AoL when I played it.)

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
Well, I don't have any memories of the actual first time I played the games, since I was super young, but I do have memories of when I first actually started getting into the games. Once I started playing games other than Ocarina of Time, I got SUPER confused on why Link never knew he was the Hero of Time, or who he was in general, and why he kept starting over and I was like "Whaaaa???" And then I found Zelda Dungeon. I went through all of the games, selecting "story" on the drop-down menus and read trough all of them. I was completely entranced by the series and its depth, and just got more and more into it until I understood almost everything that people talk about on these forums, and I'm still awestruck occasionally by just how vast the series is, how much lore it holds.

My first game was Wind Waker, and all I could think, from then on, from that game to every game I have played since, was "man, I wish this was my life." I was so incredibly impressed by the idea of the game, and so fascinated with Link and his adventures. I just hoped some day I would get to experience an adventure like that sometime in my life.

I played my first Zelda when i wasn't sentient enough to know what i was doing, i was born in 1987 and to keep me out of the way or occupied my prick parent would just sit me in front of the NES, i had both Zelda games and i didnt know what i was doing, didnt even realise it was Zelda until ALttP released for the snes.

i remember the music even now, and remeber the first few screens and through nostalgia they feel comfortable and homely and comforting so i'd say that my first impressions of Zelda from what i could remember were wholly positive,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom