• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your First Forum

Hazel

A Frog
Me, it was ZU, but I also visited these forums frequently. I then deserted ZU and came here, and I do NOT regret my choice. This forum is the best I've been at.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
This is actually my first and only forum that I visit and post on daily. The other forums I use came later and are more for downloads than actual discussion. Although I did join the forums over at Lionhead for their Fable series and let me tell you, it was nothing compared to ZD, NOTHING!!!!! now that that's out of the way I can say that recently I've been using the forums at codmaps to download custom Nazi Zombie maps for CoDWaW, scary but fun. However none of the forums I use come close to ZD in terms of theorizing (Zelda is a huge topic for that), debate and a real sense of community. and I think there is a reason that we are all so like minded... like a real community... and that reason is.. we are all hardcore Zelda fans! lol

The Nintendo Conference is now less than 2 days away, so I'm gunna be on ZD alot over the next few days, talkin about all sorts of stuff.

Claire

The Geekette
The first forum I joined was the Zelda Dungeon forum. I never really had been interested in forums and Tom (Alder Dragon) had recommended joining here. Since then, I have become a member of a few others (i.e. Physics Forum and Bad Astronomy and Universe Today Forum). I am nowhere near as active on these other sites as I am on Zelda Dungeon, nor have I been around nearly as long. Like I said before, Zelda Dungeon was my first forum to join and it is the only forum I am a member of that is Zelda-related. Zelda Dungeon was and is a great way for newcomers to get adjusted and comfortable in an online community. It is still my favorite forum. :)

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
My first forum was Exploding Deku Nut's forum, The Forbidden Woods. I remember finding it in the beginning of 2009. I then began going to other forums, such as Portal to Hyrule and here. I'm glad I joined them. :3

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Well, my official first forum was the one I made.

It was known as Pokemon-United. It was a forum made for Filipino Pokemon players. I was the Webmaster at the time. It was a nice place. A very well developed pokemon forum. We just discussed what matters to us. But..alas. It was destroyed by certain players. I won't go deep into details. Cause it will bring back a pain in my head.

Though after I made that forum, I joined others. ZD came to my mind. I joined here when I had enough courage.

A

Adolf Wolf

My first was NFC, the Internet Nirvana Fan Club. Yeah ... I was really into Nirvana in junior high. I didn't stay there very long, and started perusing other fan sites and communities. ZD was my second, several years ago (4 or 5, around the time of TWW's release I think). I didn't stay very long then either, and I joined a few other Zelda forums after, still only temporarily. I was talking to Crono from ZChronicles for a while, so I was on those forums, but they never really went anywhere. I really got into the site Desert Colossus and eventually joined there, but a while after TP's release Jack straight-up quit the site. Then for a long while I left the forum scene entirely, probably due to that myspace BS ...

Though I quit the forums, ZD's always been my choice Zelda site for news and walkthroughs, tied with the Desert Colossus before Jack quit. Eventually I decided to join ZD again, and now here I am. Yay!

So technically ZD is the only site and forum that I haven't been on temporarily. Oh and OCReMix, but I come and go through OCR phases.

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
My was actually this unless you count the horrible messenger boards at lego.com forums. Someone from the site like a worker has to read it to see if it's appropriate. So anyway this was my first forum.

Icetomeetyou

*brofist*
I joined this Harry Potter Forum about two or three years ago. I was really into Harry Potter at the time when I joined, but they are REALLY strict there. You can't say ball....It's also the first place I RPd.

I had a Pokémon fansite on MSN Home or whatever it was called back in like 1999, and that had a message board in it. There were also fits and starts with some homeschooling forums, where I posted once or twice on my mom's account. My first real forum, certainly my first Zelda forum, was probably Zeldaglitches.com, which died maybe a month after I signed up. My main one was Totally Zelda, which is still around (albeit untouched since around 2004 or 05) since ProBoards never takes anything down. (Anyone know whatever happened to the guys that ran TZ?)

Anyway, I also got onto the old forums that ZD shared with Zelda Legacy, as well as one other forum (Zelda Domain, I think, but I don't really remember; there's an off chance it was Zelda Universe). I didn't stay on those because I got into fights (One in ZD/Legacy's Mature forum, because I wasn't as mature as I thought I was, the other with one Maxine MagicFox of McLOZ fame because I hated her disabled right-click and because I was an overly defensive jerk about my own site).

I think I got out of forumgoing altogether once TZ petered out the second time, then eventually got back into it on PolyKarbon Art forums. I also joined Catholic Answers Forums like four years ago, but rarely post because it's just too big and fast-moving to keep up with. (Kinda like what Hylian Pants experienced: so many members, but I couldn't find a sense of community.) I joined BumbleKing Comics (home of Archie Sonic writer Ian Flynn) in December 08, then joined Zelda Dungeon's Dark World Forums (that is what they were called, right?) the following spring after giving up BumbleKing for Lent.

ZD is my most recent addition, and despite my having racked up a whopping thirty posts in over a year of membership it's my second-most frequented forum. A distant second. Yeah, BumbleKing eats up a lot of my time, probably because we get two new Sonic comics a month whereas we get a new Zelda game every year or two. Not that this is a good reason for me to be such a stranger here. I guess it's just the ol' short attention span.

Well, that's my experience with forums. It's been a longer journey than I thought. Shucks, now I'm feeling all introspective.

Kybyrian

The first forum that I joined wasn't a very pleasant one. It was Zelda Legacy. The site went offline quite a bit back. It came back up recently, but from the times that I've visited, including now, it has been back down. After Zelda Legacy was Zelda Temple... which went on to become Zelda Community, then became Forsaken Legend. Finally I wound up at Zelda Dungeon after Forsaken Legend failed due to bad administration.

The first forum that I joined wasn't a very pleasant one. It was Zelda Legacy. The site went offline quite a bit back. It came back up recently, but from the times that I've visited, including now, it has been back down. After Zelda Legacy was Zelda Temple... which went on to become Zelda Community, then became Forsaken Legend. Finally I wound up at Zelda Dungeon after Forsaken Legend failed due to bad administration.

Bisically the same for me, I was only 12 though, so I don't really remember a lot outside of some members names and the many campeigns on there, such as Mr.Guffey for Super Moderator. It wasn't really a pleasant site at all, most of the members weren't pleasant to hang around, except for the odd few that appeared every once in a while. Once Zelda Legacy came back up, I did try and make contact with KillSwitch, or whatever he goes by these days, and it failed miserably.

Steve

5/19/13
My first forum site was Nsider, once Nintendo's official forums, where I was for several years. Of course, in 2007, the forums were closed for undisclosed reasons, and thus I moved to several other forums before finding myself here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom