• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your favourite incarnation of Princess Zelda

There have been many incarnations of Princess Zelda over the years but she doesn't get much attention.

So, this simple thread asks, which is your favourite incarnation/version of Princess Zelda?

(The image below should help you out)

WXLhob2.jpg

Kyru

WOAHHHH!
Either Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess Zelda. I don't the know I guess they had bigger roles in the games at that point other than being the damsel in distress.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I think my favorite would have to be Twilight Princess Zelda. I think she has the best look overall when it comes to her hair and dress. But other than physical appearance, I liked her role in the game.

Somewhere between Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword.

Spirit Tracks Zelda reminded me *heavily* of Sailor Moon in personality. She was a goofball, and was a lot of fun.

Skyward Sword Zelda...pushed Link off a cliff. With all the best intentions of course. That scene had me ROTFL.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Twilight Princess hands down. She look great, and we got to see scenes of her actually being a princess.

I will have to make an honorable mention to SS Zelda due too her role in the game and her relationship with Link.

Hylian.Smitty

Defender of SS
I feel like it's obviously SS Zelda because you actually cared about her and the story revolved around her more, actually making it The Legend of Zelda, not The Legend of the Hero of Time or something. In many LoZ games, the main quest is really more focused on saving Hyrule itself, and Zelda happens to help. However, in SS, there is no Hyrule yet so Link is completely focused on saving Zelda. Also, don't even bother lying that you didn't cry in that one scene when she fell asleep.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I think I've answered this before, but I'll say the Twilight Princess incarnation.

She's probably the only ancestor/incarnation that actually acts how a ruler or figure in the monarchy would act. Usually Princess Zelda is held up as bait or is highly vulnerable, but here we a more mature side to her and she actually feels wise and somewhat powder, which none, bar OoT's version accomplished. It actually now makes sense that she wields the Triforce of Wisdom in this game and her knowledge is invaluable to Link saving Hyrule.

She just has this presence though, that other games fail to capture. Even the mystery before you meet her; she feels like an important figure and they build her up pretty well in that segment. Even though in the end she does get captured, she actually helps Link escape from Hyrule, find the Master Sword, and gives most of her power up to revive Midna. Zelda still maintains her pride and comes off almost like an unsung hero throughout the game and is definitely befitting of Hyrule's leave, which I can't say about 90% of the other incarnations.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
She's probably the only ancestor/incarnation that actually acts how a ruler or figure in the monarchy would act. Usually Princess Zelda is held up as bait or is highly vulnerable, but here we a more mature side to her and she actually feels wise and somewhat powder, which none, bar OoT's version accomplished. It actually now makes sense that she wields the Triforce of Wisdom in this game and her knowledge is invaluable to Link saving Hyrule.

She just has this presence though, that other games fail to capture. Even the mystery before you meet her; she feels like an important figure and they build her up pretty well in that segment. Even though in the end she does get captured, she actually helps Link escape from Hyrule, find the Master Sword, and gives most of her power up to revive Midna. Zelda still maintains her pride and comes off almost like an unsung hero throughout the game and is definitely befitting of Hyrule's leave, which I can't say about 90% of the other incarnations.

well to be fair,most of the zeldas are kids,and there's generally some circumstantial reason can't or don't have to be that mature powerful leader
ex: her father being alive like in minish cap or everything went down the drain like in wind waker [pun intended]

TheRockinStallion

If I'm not back in 15 minutes, just wait longer!
Didn't we cover that already? I'M A DUDE!
From the design standpoint, I'd have to go with ALBW Zelda. The art style along with her dress being about 90% the same as ALttP is a beautiful combination.
char-zelda.jpg

As far as character, my favorite is Tetra/Zelda from WW. I love how sassy she is and at the end, she is actively involved in the final battle with Ganondorf.
latest

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Well, my fave is definitely Minish Cap, I love how her and link have a history of being friends already, and I personally think she's the cutest ;) After that, well...

Spirit tracks, I liked her in that one a lot, she was expressive and really hilarious, and also useful.

A Link to the Past, her personality was great, though I think she was a bit too much of a damsel in distress.

Ocarina of Time, I liked her as a child because of her personality again, but I liked her a bit less as an adult, her design was kind of weird imo.

Twilight princess, I liked her design, and she had a bit more of a role than in some of the other games.

Phantom Hourglass, she had a bit of Tetra's attitude, but was certainly nicer than WW.

Skyward Sword, I haven't gotten a chance to play yet, but I love her design, and from what I've seen of her personality, she's pretty good there too. She'd be higher on my list, but I don't know much about her, on account of not beating the game yet.

Legend of Zelda, the first one, we really aren't given much info about her, she doesn't ever really talk in the game. She would be last on my list due to lack of personality, but I saved last place for...

Wind Waker, because I really hate her attitude in the beginning and really just about all of it. She is the only Zelda I've ever really disliked. I like that she got a change of personality from the rest of the series, but it was way overdone, and she was really a brat.

This isn't all of the Zeldas, but it is most of 'em, the only ones I felt like writing a reply about.

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
Probably Twilight Princess Zelda. She had a bigger role, and just seemed a lot more like a character than the others. Plus, she had a pretty cool design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom