• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your favourite bad movies

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Spider-Man 3 - This one has been memed to death at this point, but it’s not that bad of a movie. The only really terrible/embarrassingly awful parts were the street dance scene and the jazz club scene. The rest was just a product of too many villains and too many plot lines for one film. I still enjoy watching it.

I love really bad movies, they're an artform unto themselves. Off the top of my head favorites would probably be:

Manos: The Hands of Fate
Mac and Me
Brain of Blood
Reptilicus
Attack of the Crab Monsters

and any really low budget terrible syfy original films, like Santa Jaws or similar which are just like movie versions of ****posts.

MW7

I don't know if its bad or just obscure, but I really like the movie Clue. It has a really good cast, but I think the humor is really unique so it's not particularly popular.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
I have an "all-star" trio sorts when it comes to this question.

I. The Room - I am not going to say a thing about it. Go watch it. Have fun.

II. The Cat in the Hat (2003) - I consider this movie The Room of "children's movies." The sheer fun of this movie lied in its extremely odd focus on adult humor that allows the movie to both distract from what the source material is all about and be an extremely bizarre cavalcade of comedy.

III. Gods of Egypt - This movie strangely stands the test of time as while it is an otherwise very basic and perhaps very cliched adventure movie, it contains a glorious combination of hokey acting and very noticeable CGI effects that give this movie shelf life. Gerard Butler is perhaps the only actor whose performance doesn't come off as phoned in as if he is trying to save the movie. I laughed almost a good ten minutes straight at one point watching this movie. It deserves, in a few respects, the "so-bad-it's-good" moniker. (:
I second the Room.

Tis a masterpiece of cinema....

If by masterpiece you mean a total piece of trash.

But I find it amazingly entertaining.

Mido

Version 1
Every seems to think National Treasure is a bad movie, but I unironically love it, so I'll say that. It has adventure, history, people solving puzzles, Sean Bean, Nicolas Cage, and that line:
"I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna steal the Declaration of Independence."

I also unironically love the sequel, but that's not as good. Although, Nic Cage going crazy in Buckingham Palace is delightful.

...and who could forget the masterclass roster of Riley Poole-isms to boot!

I'm with you 100% on National Treasure. One of my all-time personal favorite movies.

I second the Room.

Tis a masterpiece of cinema....

If by masterpiece you mean a total piece of trash.

But I find it amazingly entertaining.

Absolutely! :cool: Perhaps the best part about The Room is its life on the life screening circuit where there's plenty of spoon-throwing!

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Every seems to think National Treasure is a bad movie, but I unironically love it, so I'll say that. It has adventure, history, people solving puzzles, Sean Bean, Nicolas Cage, and that line:
"I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna steal the Declaration of Independence."

I also unironically love the sequel, but that's not as good. Although, Nic Cage going crazy in Buckingham Palace is delightful.
I didn't know people disliked National Treasure, I like it a lot.

I didn't know people disliked National Treasure, I like it a lot.
It certainly isn't on the level of The Room or stuff like that. I think it's mainly because a lot of people think Nicholas Cage is a bad actor to the point where he was a huge meme in the late 2000's/early 2010's. I think the reputation of the movie got dragged down because of the memes. Certainly didn't help that the plot was pretty silly. I haven't watched it since middle school, but I thought it was pretty good.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
Jason X is a fun as hell satire of the series it is a part of. I think it is looked down upon mainly because it followed the overly-serious Jason Goes To Hell and was released instead of a crossover with A NIghtmare On Elm Street.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom