• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your favourite bad movies

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I like Street Fighter just for the Raul Julia bits. He really made that movie.

I like the Resident Evil live action films. They are all entertaining films though they could have benifitted from the director actually caring about continuity.

Apparently the greatest film of all time is considered bad by the masses. Just shows that there are far too many people in the world who just can't handle that a boring long-winded anime was made into a live action movie deviating a lot from the dull source material which primitive brains seem to enjoy. I imagine it is because they just don't understand the film and lack the capacity to comprehend such a work of genius. Anyway the brilliant film I am talking about is Dragonball Evolution and I own 12 copies in case unfortunate accidents happen to the other 11. I can rest assured that I will always have a copy to watch. It is my favourite 'bad' film even though it is the best film ever made.

Mido

Version 1
I have an "all-star" trio sorts when it comes to this question.

I. The Room - I am not going to say a thing about it. Go watch it. Have fun.

II. The Cat in the Hat (2003) - I consider this movie The Room of "children's movies." The sheer fun of this movie lied in its extremely odd focus on adult humor that allows the movie to both distract from what the source material is all about and be an extremely bizarre cavalcade of comedy.

III. Gods of Egypt - This movie strangely stands the test of time as while it is an otherwise very basic and perhaps very cliched adventure movie, it contains a glorious combination of hokey acting and very noticeable CGI effects that give this movie shelf life. Gerard Butler is perhaps the only actor whose performance doesn't come off as phoned in as if he is trying to save the movie. I laughed almost a good ten minutes straight at one point watching this movie. It deserves, in a few respects, the "so-bad-it's-good" moniker. (:

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Killer Klowns from Outer Space

The first time I saw the end of this movie was from like 50ft away while I was in line for a haunted trail. There was no sound and I could barely make out the action onscreen. I can say with certainty that watching it close and with audio does not at all change the experience. This movie is stupid, over the top, and horribly acted. But still, it all works as great bad movie.

Definitely a klassic

Most of mine are video game movies.

Street Fighter - Raul Julia was such a talented man and he floats this film. But we also have a lot of awesome one liners that are so cringe that they're quite possibly genius.

Super Mario Bros. - The only film Bob Hoskins regretted in his entire career... what is this film, man? It is so bizarre with real prostitutes and directed by two music video stoners...
Nintendo, for kids!

Doom - Yeah, this one sucks big time. I don't like Doom as a video game and this film isn't so bad that it's good, it's just bad... but I really like Karl Urban and Dwayne Johnson so...

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
I have an "all-star" trio sorts when it comes to this question.

I. The Room - I am not going to say a thing about it. Go watch it. Have fun.

I had a blast watching The Room with my family! It's probably the most popular "so bad it's good" movie and for a good reason. I would love to see a special edition of The Room will all of these CG effects to enhance the funny scenes.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
The Room is a classic that I've loved since the very first time I saw it. I've watched it several times now and it never gets old.

Not sure if it counts, since it is intentionally bad, but Sharknado was great when it was first a thing. Unfortunately, oversaturation of the shark film market has diminished this film's overall quality, which is a shame because I loved it before shark films became mega popular.

Super Mario Bros. This movie is actually painful to watch. However, I still find myself enjoying it for some reason. It's definitely not a so-bad-it's-good film like The Room, as it's just plain bad, but there's something about it that somehow stops me from hating it. It's a weird situation that I cannot really explain.

Food Fight. How do I explain this movie... it was an attempt to adapt brand names like Mr. Clean into a life setting, but as it failed to obtain the rights to many brands and needed to make up replacements, it fails on many levels. The animation and models are also horrendous and the voice acting leaves much to be desired, but I found myself unironically enjoying the film. If you haven't seen it, I suggest you check it out. I doubt many people will feel the same way about it as I do, but I still encourage you to watch it for the lulz.

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
Howard the Duck: Arguably George Lucas' worst Non-Star Wars film, the special effects have that certain brand of 1980s cheesiness that would make any MST3K fan go nuts. The only real thing that makes this movie watchable on rare instances is that Lea Thompson is actually kinda attractive in that movie.

Lea Thompson is actually kinda attractive in that movie.
What do you mean "actually" attractive? If Lea Thompson is unattractive I'd hate to think what you consider ugly.
lea-thompson_300x300.jpg

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Every seems to think National Treasure is a bad movie, but I unironically love it, so I'll say that. It has adventure, history, people solving puzzles, Sean Bean, Nicolas Cage, and that line:
"I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna steal the Declaration of Independence."

I also unironically love the sequel, but that's not as good. Although, Nic Cage going crazy in Buckingham Palace is delightful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom