• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Favorite Zelda Theme

Your Favorite Zelda Theme

• Forest

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fire

• Water

• Ice/Snow

• Desert

• Shadow

• Sky

• Other

• Total voters

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
As the title indicates, this is do find out the most liked theme in Zelda dungeons. Below, I will state which dungeons belong in which theme:

Forest: Skull Woods (ALttP), Inside the Deku Tree (OoT), Forest Temple (OoT,TP, and ST), Woodfall Temple (MM), Forbidden Forest (WW), Deepwood Shrine (MC)
Fire: Turtle Rock (ALttP and LA), Dodongo's Cavern (OoT), Fire Temple (OoT and ST), Dragon Roost Cavern (WW), Cave of Flames (MC), Goron Mines (TP)
Water: Swamp Palace (ALttP), Angler's Tunnel (LA), Water Temple (OoT), Great Bay Temple (MM), Mermaid's Cave (OoA), Jabu-Jabu's Belly (OoA, NOT OoT) Temple of Droplets (MC, also in Ice/Snow section), Lakebed Temple (TP), Ocean Temple (ST)
Ice/Snow: Ice Palace (ALttP), Ice Cavern (OoT), Snowhead Temple (MM), Temple of Droplets (MC, also in Water section), Snowpeak Ruins (TP), Snow Temple (ST)
Desert: Desert Palace (ALttP), Spirit Temple (OoT), Wind Temple (WW) Fortress of the Winds (MC), Arbiter's Grounds (TP), Sand Temple (ST)
Shadow: Palace of Darkness (ALttP), Bottom of the Well (OoT and MM), Shadow Temple (OoT), Earth Temple (WW), Palace of Twilight (TP)
Sky: Palace of the Winds (MC), City in the Sky (TP)
Other: There are some that don't fall in a category, such as the Temple of Time (TP), Tower of the Gods (WW), Stone Tower Temple (MM), Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly (OoT), and a variety in games like AoL, LA, OoS, OoA.

**Please indicate in your post if I have missed any dungeons that belong in a category. By the way, this is my 1000th post at ZD!

Last edited:

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
I'm kinda leaning towards Other, but only because Temple of Time is one of my favorite dungeons, and the Stone Tower Temple I think had the BEST Temple design I've ever seen.

Alar

Clothed in Green
Well Snowpeak temple, was my favoutie dungeon in Twilight Princess, its music its atmosphere its overall THEME i just love that dungeon, perfect difficulty, perfect setting i like the overall snowey theme :D

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
Other, as Stone Tower fits into that category. I found its design to be incredible, and the music was some of the best in the game.

Caeda

Keyblade Master
Picked desert because I love the Wind Temple, Aribater's Grounds, and ST's Spirit Temple.

Also, I think that the Tower of the Gods would most likely be a water dungeon because of all the water in the lower floors of the dungeon, and you should count the Temple of the Ocean King and make a time theme. Other then that, this is great.

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
My vote went to sky. When I play The Minish Cap I always look forward to making it to the Cloud Tops and The Palace of Winds. The gameplay experience was very balanced. The enemies were fairly challenging and you needed to have quick movement or some brain power to complete the puzzles. Roc's Cape is also my favorite Zelda item, which just added to my love for the area. Then the Gyorg Pair was very challenging for such an easy game. The timing for attacks and duplicating was very limited. I can't give my opinion on The City in the Sky because I haven't got that far in Twilight Princess yet.

Nicole

luke is my wife
I can't give my opinion on The City in the Sky because I haven't got that far in Twilight Princess yet.
City in the Sky was an amazing dungeon, imo. My favorite dungeon ever (haven't played up to Stone Tower yet, so it might change) is Arbiter's Grounds in TP. I also loved Gerudo Valley/Haunted Wastelands and the Spirit Temple in OoT. My vote goes to: Desert.

David

But you called me here...
I really like the water temples. Water has always been my favorite element. Water has always been able to calm me for some reason.

The Water Temple from OoT is probably one of my favorite temples. I loved how challenging it was and how long it was. And due to that, whenever I come across another water temple, I always love doing it. I just love water.

C

CannibalPieChan

Nobody likes forest... *pats it*

I love fire temples. Even though I hate burning. It was a tie between fire and desert, and fire won simple because I hated the Wind Temple.

tetrafan

Zelda Fan Girl
Shadow. Because Bottom of the Well I enjoyed playing though to get the Lens of Truth except when I ran into a Like Like :mad:. Shadow Temple was a really cool Dungeon. Earth Temple also had cool music and it was fun to control Medli as well as the Mirror Puzzle to solve.:clap:

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Definitely not shadow.

I'm gonna have to go with fire. I love every fire themed temple I've been in especially the goron mines.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
Since I an only choose one, I am going to select forest, though my favorites come from a wide variety of elements. I find ice/snow dungeons very beautiful. Some of them also feel very isolated, but not in a bad way; more like no one else is willing to brave the elements to appreciate all that can be found there, so it's all yours to explore. That would definitely be my first runner-up.

However, I ended up choosing forest. Even since I was young, I always loved the concepts of forests hiding hidden secrets, especially entire structures. In particular, I love dungeons like Wind Waker's Forbidden Woods and Twilight Princess' Forest Temple. The temples are a part of, or work with nature; nature isn't being destroyed to suit man's will. My feeling toward it is very Walden-esque, actually; a desire to pull away from society in order to experience life at its most basic. It's hard, on a personal level, for the other themes to compete with that feeling.

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
I would have to say the forest theme because they always seem to be designed very well. they also very relaxing and interesting to look at. I also want to say Fire and Ice/Snow because they all looked nice and had their own little theme, Ice/Snow: has lots of puzzles, and the fire temple is very actiony.

Z

ZZhobbit

I loved the Shadow Temple and BotW in OoT but wasn't a fan of Palace of Darkness or Palace of Twilight, the Desert theme has always been great and Spirit Temple was sweet and Arbiters Grounds bosses and item were amazing so had to go with Desert.

And Stone Tower could probably fit with Desert, the whole Ikana region is fairly desert like and it has the foreign ancient feel like the Spirit Temple and Arbiters Grounds.

I want to say Water Temple's. Usually, the Water Temples are the hardest because it makes you want to do something that you don't want to do. Like in Twilight Princess' Water Temple, it was sort of hard to get around, but eventually you got used to it. I personally didn't like that Temple, it was too complicated. But not as complicated as Ocarina of Time's Water Temple: going back and fourth raising and lowering the water level's. -_-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom