• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Favorite Zelda Game

What is your favorite Legend of Zelda game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

• Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Ages

• The Wind Waker

• The Minish Cap

• Twilight Princess

• Spirit Tracks

• Oracle of Seasons

• Adventure of Link

• Phantom Hourglass

• Skyward Sword

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
My favorite is The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword, even if it's not out and I don't have it lol!!!

I'm a little surprised that OOT wasnt no.1. alas my favorite is MM because of the character development. It really is the most important part of any story

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
Dude, LoZ is gettin more votes.
Sweat. Giving credit where credit is due >;D

My top 5 and the reasons for their positions:

1. OoT - Simply the best game ever made, it does every single aspect of 3D Zelda absolutely perfectly, from the perfectly designed dungeons (yes, even the water temple) to the brilliant story and overall Zelda-ish feel to the game. It is the only game where I have been constantly amazed and enthralled from start to finish.

2. LADX - My first Zelda game and the one which causes the most nostalgia for me. IMO this took Alttp and improved on it with its brilliant story, quirky characters and great map. Put DX ahead of the original for obvious visual reasons plus the awesome colour dungeon.

3. WW - For me this is the Zelda game with the most epic feel to it. I absolutely loved exploring the huge map on the boat finding new and interesting islands. I also find the graphical style incredibly charming and it has one of the best stories in the series.

4. MM - Easily the darkest Zelda game, not TP's "I'm dark because I have dark graphics" dark, but a properly creepy, imposing darkness which I absolutely love. The sidequests are also brilliant and I love how you can use these to effectively make the game as long or as short as you want. However, I don't like the lack of actual dungeons and IMO the ones there are are consistantly good but there are none that are brilliant. Also, many of the games events rely too much on randomly being in the right place at the right time without any real indication.

5. Alttp - The game that does 2D Zelda the way OoT does 3D Zelda. Would be placed as my favourite 2D game were it not for my love of LA.

My favorite zelda game of all time is wind waker. I loved the cel-shaded graphics and the gameplay. (of course) and I just wanted it so badly when I was little. And I'd give it a 5/5 because it's so great! :)

AwesomeTingle

Pure Awesomeness
I always liked WW because it was different. I mean, come on, sailing? Who would put THAT in a video game? Cel-Shaded? Cool! And they made Tingle one of the main characters! What isn't to love about WW? ;)

Sonicbowling

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!!!!
Majora's Mask is my favorite because..
4: It's hard. Seriously, this game is stinking hard. I still have to use a guide to beat this, but I'm catching on. It gives the player an extra challenge.
3: Graphics/Story. The graphics are absolutely wonderful, and the story is epic and real creepy. I mean a moon is about to crash and destroy the world, how awesome is that?
2: Time Limit. I'm a big fan of this, and with the inverted and song of double time the time limit isn't a big problem. Plus, the owl statues really help as well.
1: Masks. Best catch ever in a Zelda game, nuff said. btw, Bunny Hood and Fierce Diety FTW.

L

Legendary Sword

I voted for two games. I simply cannot decide whether I prefer Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess. What I can decide on, however, is the fact that these two are the best video games ever made (IMO). Perhaps they are tied because of their similar, yet somehow distinctly unique, style. But that's not really as important as why these two are my favorites. Frankly, there's too much to say. I probably don't even have to explain why OoT is tied for number one, because even people who disagree understand. However, TP may not be the exact same case.

I love TP because it had a fantastic story, great music (I loved its twists on classic Zelda songs), superb design and beautiful yet dark animation, epic bosses (despite how easy they are), well-designed dungeons, and for many more reasons. Another thing I loved about the game was it's length. Some people disagree, but I loved the fact that it was a massive game. I did a significant amount of sidequesting, but not nearly all sidequesting, and the game still took me upwards of 50 hours in my first playthrough. I just love TP, and I love OoT equally. Is it only tied with TP because of nostalgia? Maybe. But until I decide for sure, these two are tied for my favorite Zelda games.

My favorite would be either MM or TP depending on my mood. If I were to play one right now it would be TP. TP was actually my first zelda game and I actually hated MM when I first played but after about six months to a year after that I all of a sudden had this huge urge to play it again and i've loved it ever since. I like the creepyness/darkness of both of them and the amount of sidequests and interactivity with the NPCs. Its funny how so many people consider OOT to be the best game ever yet hardcore zelda fans only have it in the top three. WW was great but I kinda got a tiny bit tired of sailing around so much and I prefer TPs style over cel-shaded, but otherwise it is an amazing game. TP 1st, MM 2nd, OOT 3rd, WW 4th.

I love MM cuz it really pushed my puzzle solving powers, and showed how much I failed... but it was extreamly fun, and I love the story!

L

Lord Dorian

It's hard to pick only one... I would cheat and say that both Oot and MM are my favourite games, followed closely by WW.

I voted for Oot, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom