• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Favorite Zelda Game

What is your favorite Legend of Zelda game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

• Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Ages

• The Wind Waker

• The Minish Cap

• Twilight Princess

• Spirit Tracks

• Oracle of Seasons

• Adventure of Link

• Phantom Hourglass

• Skyward Sword

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole

luke is my wife
What is Your All-time FAVORITE Zelda Game?

I've played a bunch of Zelda games (Oot included) but none of them (IMO) have compared to Twilight Princess. That was and is my all time FAV Zelda game for these reasons:
1. The Story- I loved learning about the backstory of parts of the Sacred Realm and Ganondorf. I also loved the story with the Twili.
2. The characters- I know many people hate her, (don't know why) but Midna was one of my favs in TP.
3. The dungeons- They weren't very difficult, but I love the themes snd the set-ups of every single dungeon in TP
4. The graphics- Nintendo definitely found a good graphics designer. They were very real and detailed.
5. The overworld- The overworld scenery is beautiful. Even those who hate TP have to admit that.

TP is my favorite Zelda game. That's my opinion, and I'm sure you have yours. So my question is... What is your favorite Zelda game and Why?

EDIT: Poll has been fixed, a full year later. XD

Last edited:
R

Rauru

I have to agree with you on that one, with Ocarina of Time a close, close second. I just loved the creativity of the dungeons! Easy, i know, but so fun! I loved being able to turn into a wolf and the partner character is as you said. The best! Finally personality! Usefull information that isn't telling you exactly what to do!(Navi)
The Temple of Time/City in the Sky are my all time favourite Zelda Dungeons as well. And this incarnation of ganondorf is also my favourite.

Last edited by a moderator:

@lex MM

The Lurker
My favorite Zelda game is Majora's Mask because::):):)
1.It has a diffrent story than the other Zelda games
2.It's a sequel to OoT:eek:carina:(which is a great game too)
3.The characters(:deku::zora::goron:) are intresting...
4....and more things that...umm...i can't remember right now...:thinking:

DayDreamer

Wahoo!
honestly i like Minish cap the best.
1. it was the last zelda game that stuck to the originals gameplay
2. The characters in the game where very interesting
3. Though i like gannondorf,vatti was a nice change for the game and is now my favorite antagonist of all time :D
4. The artwork and sprites were cool to look at
5. The music was really awesome,matter a fact I have the whole soundtrack on my sansa mp3 player
6.The story was good, it wasnt the best out of the series but was funny
7. It showed me the wise cracking ezlo,which is now my favorite partner in all zelda games
8....you know i think i should shut up now...

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Definately Majora's Mask. Then far down the my 2nd.

1. The graphics. They weren't like TP, but they weren't like LoZ. They were actually incredible graphics for that time. And they're still enough to pull you in.
2. The story. In my opinion, LA blows away all other games in the story wise. But then here comes MM in 2nd. Very good story.
3. Soundtrack. It has the 2nd best Zelda soundtrack, with ST just above it.
4. Characters. It had good characters with good dialogue. They were all fun to interact with.
5. Transforming. Everyone loves how you can transform: :deku: :goron: :zora: It's just fun to be able to have to become a different race to complete puzzles. It's like you have 4 different characters to play as.
6. Difficulty. In my opinion it's the hardest 3D Zelda game. And those are hard to come by. I like hard games.
7. Time Limit. I love time limits. MM is my favorite video game of all time, and Pikmin is 3rd. It has a time limit also. I love time limits.
8. Side Quests. Since there are only 4 dungeons, there's a WHOLE BUNCH of sidequests, which are my favorite part of Zelda games.

Yeah, it's just the best.

ComposerBrother

Composer of Hyrule
My favorite was Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time because of the powerful elements to it. From collecting these elemental medallions to the actual plot surrounding the time traveling master sword, I always found myself playing the game over and over again even when I got stuck and became frustrated. For Ocarina of Time, it is less about the action and more about the adventure:)

Last edited:

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
My favorite Zelda game will allways be Ocarina of Time because it was the first game I ever played and I love it to death, but OoT is definately not the best Zelda game in my book it's in a tie with A Link to the Past,AoL, and LoZ.

Last edited:
my favorite would be Windwaker, it was my first zelda game. and ever since i first played the demo at walmart i loved the series... what really got me into the series was watching my cousin play OoT and back then i didnt know they were the same franchise. the Windwaker in my opinion was under apreciated because of its style and i really loved it....

Console Zelda, I really like Twilight Princess. I like the story and the dark atmosphere.
As for handheld Zelda, I like Oracle of Age and Spirit Tracks. I don't know why I like them. I just do.

Beeker

Wild Card
I love Twilight Princess to death.It was the first Zelda I played through all the way, and I fell in love with the story,characters, etc. It was pretty much the game that got me obsessed with Zelda. It may be a little easier than other games, but it doesn't matter too much to me.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
What was it they said in the live stream that I'm going to manipulate for my own purposes? Something about faves/least favorites like choosing your favorite/least favorite piece of gold? :D

That being said...there is just something about Twilight Princess that works for me. And if I'm being honest, it's partly personal experience affecting it because by the time I played it I had finally gotten more used to the 3D puzzles, and therefore could get more caught up in the journey instead of standing around and discovering in, oh, the second dungeon that I could re-center the camera angle. *rolls eyes at self*

There are just a lot of little things that come together, though. I'm one of the ones that love the style of the game. I would often just run or ride around from place to place instead of warping because I liked to see the passing scenery. I love the characters, particularly Midna (who actually made me laugh from the beginning, so I never had to get over an initial annoyance either.) I love many elements of the story, but one I was thinking of the other day was how there's something to balance Ganondorf's lust for power - Midna's need for power, not for its own sake, but to save her people. While I don't think the fused shadows were benign objects, the fact that she was able to use them without being corrupted was an interesting contrast to the usual theme.

Couldn't explain why I connect with this game stronger than others, since there are parts of all of them that I love as well. But it's the one I come back to the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom