• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Favorite Video Games

L

Link of Hyrule

Favorite Game

My favorite game is probably Super Smash Bros Brawl. There always is a new character or level to unlock. The only thing I don't like is that the last boss seems impossible to beat. :devil:

Here is my list:

1)The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: Of course, This is my opinion is the greatest game ever made, It was an excellent game for its time and still is an excellent game now. Without a guide this game was a very hard game, It is much harder than most games are nowadays. The Temple's were hard and the infamous Water Temple consumed several hours of my life. It was original as well, Everything was new about it, It was a Great 3D game and I believe has molded how games are today.

2)Mario Land 64: This game has kept me and my siblings entertained for hours on end, It is a hard game yet fun, It doesn't get boring and with the addition of the 30 stars on Mario Land 64 DS the game got even more fun, Even more so with the addition of Luigi, Wario and Yoshi. It was a original game which was/is hard to beat, Galaxy didn't come close in my opinion for the fact that that game is a pushover compared to Mario Land 64. This game was also quite hard to complete and was very very fun.

3)The Pokemon Series: Pokemon hasn't changed much over the years but still finds a place for me to spend hours and hours of my life on it, I believe I have played 1700-1900 hours of my life playing this game (Which works out roughly between 70 to 80 days worth). It has renewed in my heart recently as well seeing as I have joined the Competitive scene and have decided to EV train Pokemon, This makes Pokemon in my opinion one of the hardest games to get into in terms of competitive battling. Also in my opinion this game never gets old and with the better graphics this game has improved the look of Pokemon. An example of this is I like the look of Charizard more but a new pokemon, Infernape, is now my favourite of pretty much all pokemon.

4)The Super Smash Bros. Series: Yet another series to steal many many hours of my life, Ever since I first played this game when I was 5-6 years old I have played this game for long period's of time each year. This game also never gets old and with the newest installation I fell in love with this series yet again. It is a great game to play with friends and with the Tourney mode it is even better with friends (I know Melee had a Tourney mode as well).

5)The Mario Kart Series: Although being only 15 and missing out on the original Mario Kart's I have loved this game ever since I picked up my brothers Mario Kart 64 and have constantly played any Mario Kart since, Yes, Another game that has stolen many many hours of my life. The only problem I have with Mario Kart 64 as an individual game is that I have gotten slowly worse as time has gone on, which is sad as I used to be able to lap pretty much everyone but now my skill lacks and I fall short of that. The newer games have started to annoy me with the rediculous amount of Blue Shell's fired in every race but yet I still love this series.

6)The Doom Series: I know that most Doom's were expansions but I loved this series, I never completed it as I sadly don't have it anymore. This game was an excellent FPS, Even though the graphics weren't great they were still decent. This game is one of the hardest I have ever come across, Much harder than that of OoT. It was and still is original and had an excellent plot, Also a game that produced a good film, No matter how far away it stray's from the game's plot. The weapons were imaginative and this was the first FPS I ever played.

7)Goldeneye 007: I am not a fan of Bond game's as they usually suck and don't follow the films, But Goldeneye is a excellent exception. This was the second FPS I really remember playing, It followed the plot of the film closely and had great gameplay. I remember all the characters and guns, They were the most memorable sound effects in a game for me (No matter how unrealistic), It was hours of fun to play and with the different difficulty levels and had good Multi-player options.

8)Age of Empires: The age of Empires series was great, The first was not so good but the second and third were brilliant. Also the expansions were great fun and added a lot of new options to the game, Mainly Age of Empires 3: Asian Dynasties. The series was and is still great, It is the ultimate in Strategy games for me. The gameplay was good and the series had several excellent Campeign's which I still play today. Also the online has a good system of play as well.

9)Timesplitters Series The Timesplitters series is a great FPS, Great with friends or online for being serious or having a laugh (Like me and friends made a match with only throwing bricks at each other), Excluding the first (which never had a stroy mode) the series has an great Campeign split over 2 games and possibly a third when it comes out. The characters and weapon's were imaginative and so were the maps. The map maker in this game is the one of the best I have ever come across, The only annoyance being that you have a cap on the Memory you can use. Another great thing about the map maker is you can make your own story mode mission.

10)Halo 1 & 2 Even though some of you have seen how much I have said I hate Halo, I only hate Halo 3, Halo 3 is ok though for matches with friends but it still sucks. Even I have to admit that Halo 1 & 2 where great original games, Great Campeign's with good weapons, It is fun playing with friends (Even though in the first the pistol is the most powerful weapon, I beat a sniper at long range o_O). The gameplay was great and this series was a fun series to play.

I do want to say though, That Zelda and Mario are my favourite game series even though I did not mention the series as a whole on this.

Last edited:

Kazumi

chagy
OK.. I shall try this out. I'm terrible with putting things in order so.. Yeah.. Anyway, I'll give it a shot.

10. Doom 1/Quake 1
Two of the first games I ever played. They both deserve to be called the Grandfather of all FPS'. Quake was also the first game I ever beat by myself.

9. Left 4 Dead
This is the best Zombie shooter that I have ever played. It has kept me busy for a long time. And is very fun. I still play Online every so often... *Is waiting for an update with a new campaign*

8. Civilization 4/3
Both are very good turn based strategy games, they are deep, strategy wise and are very fun. I can't choose between the two.

7. Pokemon Platinum
Best Pokemon "Extension" ever. It's much better then DP, and deserves a place on my top ten list.

6. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask/Wind Waker
Both are excellent Zelda games. They are unique, fun, interesting and do not copy what ALttP did. I could never choose between the two.

5. Soul Caliber II
Hands down best fighting game ever. Weapons Master mode is very fun, and all of the Characters are interesting and unique. And it's very easy to learn.

4. Final Fantasy X/IV/VI
Best Turn-Based RPGs that I have ever played. They are long and fun, with very deep and enthralling plots. But I could never choose just one of those three.

3. Pokemon Gold/Silver
It's the best of Pokemon in my opinion. And I bet that their remakes coming out soon will be even better.

2. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
This is my favourite Zelda game, and in my opinion, the best. It deserves to be high up on my list.

1. Kirby's Adventure
I like this game just ever so slightly more then ALttP. In my opinion it's the best Kirby game of all time. Nuff' said.

EDIT: Oh crap.. I knew I forgot something. Somewhere up there also goes Banjo and Kazooie (N64) and Goldeneye.

Nice choice Kaz, I forgot about Quake, thats a great game.....I dunno know if I would include it though, Maybe if this was a top 11....I need to get that game again

10: Super Mario RPG -- I love this for the music and gameplay. It seems there are three RPGs that dominate the SNES RPGS: This, Earthbound, and Chrono Trigger.

9: Super Mario 64 -- This one doesn't need an explanation. It's the greatest example of the basic format (no weapons included) of a great 3D platformer.

8: Super Mario Bros 3 -- This one also doesn't need an explanation. It's the greatest example of the basic format of a great 2D platformer.

9: Sonic Adventure -- This was the most epic Sonic game. It had new power-ups, a great storyline, and best of all, did not use one bit of stupidity from newer games like Sonic Unleashed, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), Shadow the Hedgehog etc.

8: Ocarina of Time -- How could I leave this one out? This one was the most epic, challenging, fun, and inspiring of every Zelda adventure (even better than Twilight Princess).

7: Link to the Past -- despite not as epic as OoT, it certainly is equally as fun, challenging, and inspiring of them all.

6: Super Mario World -- I love this one. It introduced the Yoshis, which each had a unique ability depending on the color. It also introduced the Switch Mechanic (later reused in SM64 for different hats rather than platforms) which came in handy for unlocking Star Road.

5: Donkey Kong -- The first game with both Mario and DK. I love it. It is one of the greatest arcade clssics ever.

4: Sonic 1-3 (including Knuckles cart for 2 and 3 + Sonic and Knuckles itself) -- Yessir, these are the 6 main games I grew up with. And I loved them. They were all simple, fun, and the chaos emeralds made me really want to play'em. Even today I still have to restart files just because I knocked into a red sphere in Sonic 3.

3: Galaga + Ms. Pac-man -- It's a tie. At the arcade, I would always play Galaga or Ms. Pac man when I was little not to get the high score, but rather for the enhanced play with the joystick and/or the music remix for Galaga.

2: Super Smash Bros Melee -- I love this one most because it was the one that had my favorite roster of characters and graphics. I loved it more than Brawl because I spoiled Brawl for myself by looking at videos of gameplay of it when it wasn't even out in Japan.

1: Altered Beast -- It's one of the kings of beat'em ups. Here's a link to my review: http://fredtherarestpokemon.deviantart.com/art/Altered-Beast-Review-132952395

Last edited:

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I don't know if I can specifically put these in favourite order, but here's my top 10 in no particular order (actually, alphabetical). I think I'm basing this more on how many times I replayed the game and sentimentality more than anything. My problem is this seems to be my top 10 for today. Next week, I might have an entirely different opinion. I'm odd that way...

GoldenEye 007 - The only first person shooter I ever got into. I'm a huge James Bond fan, and I didn't know that this game was generating non-Bond fan buzz before buying it. I was clueless as to why it took me weeks to track down a copy. Combine great graphics with memorable Bond music (moreso than the film!) and outstanding gameplay and this one was a hit. The cheats and multiplayer had me coming back many, MANY times.

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - I never owned it, but I borrowed it multiple times from various friends. The sprite graphics are some of my favourite from the SNES, and the music is just terrific. I couldn't get enough to combing Hyrule for any secrets I could find. This one kept me company through a bout of sickness as well. It made the time to recovery fly.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - I actually wasn't sure if I'd put this one in here, but it just made it in. So if I was numbering them, this would be 10. I love the game, don't get me wrong though! I'd been in a Zelda lull and this game did help me back into the series. It captivated me. I had half-days in high school and I'd race home to play it all afternoon and evening. I even lost a girlfriend to playing it too much, and frankly, I think this game saved me from a worse fate! :P

Metroid II: Return of Samus - Sure, it's the black sheep of the series, but it's the only game that I played over and over and over and over again in order to get a better and better time. I think my final one was something like 1:36. I have a photo of it somewhere... At any rate, this Metroid got me into the series, the first one just didn't do it for me until much later. I've very fond memories of a friend and I playing this game at the same time on two different systems for days on end, trying to out-do each other.

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron - I never cared for flight games, but I was a newly christened Star Wars fan and this game was the bees knees. It pushed the 64's graphics to the limits, and was highly replayable. I played it long after it was not considered current anymore. Great stuff.

Super Mario Bros 3 - It's sad that it's now available for $5 on the VC, since I did chores an entire summer to pay off the $99.99 price tag it was released for. So many levels, so many secrets, so many hours played. Everyone I knew owned this game, and we'd pop it in and play every chance we got.

Super Mario 64 - I think kids of today are spoiled. When this game came out, it was simply jaw dropping. Mario in 3-D was call your relatives, fake an illness to skip work, mind-blowing. I was too old for sleep-overs anymore, but upon playing this, my friends and I had one last sleepover to keep on playing. I don't think anyone slept though.

Super Mario RPG - The only real RPG I ever got into, mainly because of the Mario theme to it. But once I was past that attraction, I found a brilliant RPG laying in wait. I only ever rented this one, but I did so for a few weeks running until I beat it. Excellent gameplay, and highly addictive.

Super Metroid - Scared me stupid for some reason, but wow, what a game. The exploration, the animation, the music, the gameplay - it just all worked here. Great through and through, and probably, along with ALttP, the first game I played that truly felt epic in terms of story. What an ending!

Tetris - How can I not include it? It's the same damn game on every system with a bit of tweaking, yet I've bought it so many times. It's just addictive, and wonderful.

Honourable mentions that would probably rotate in and out depending on my mood -- Smash Bros Brawl, Donkey Kong Country, Mario Kart 64, Super Mario Bros, Legend of Zelda, LoZ: Twilight Princess, Spider-Man 2, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, Star Wars Battlefront II.

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
As someone else said I really only play Nintendo games so, here we go.

1) The Legend of Zelda Majoras Mask. Majoras mask is truly a great game for many reasons such as 1) temple structure. I think that the temples especially the last two are just plain crazy.2) Majoras mask is the darkest zelda game in my opinion( I love dark games) and 3) in one of the last scenes of the game where the moon is about to fall the music is one of the saddest songs I've ever heard.

2) The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker. Wind Waker is a game with lots of traveling which is something I do like but it can get annoying so I only play in little bits with wind waker. Some reasons that I really like Wind Waker though are the cell shaded graphics, because it added a new twist to zelda, and the figurine gallery. The figurine gallery is the coolest side quest in zelda history.

3) The Legend of Zelda The Twilight Princess. I loved The Twilight Princess for the collecting, Bosses, temples, and the story line. The collecting was very fun but has the original zelda just to it. Like upgrades, and cool new weapons. the bosses in TP are just plain kick but because of their graphics and the strategies to beat them, and the temples were massive and crazy as usual which makes it awesome fun. And finally I really thought the twilight story line was awesome.

4) The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time. OOT was my very first zelda game which automatically makes it one of my top tens. it introduced everything to me like the Gorons, and the Zoras, and Kokiri children. I remember being freaked out so much when I was battling ganon I had to ask my dad to beat him for me :lol:

5) The Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass. Now I don't know why I like Phantom Hourglass so much but I just do. My evidence is I beat it seven times in a month. Other then non-stop playing I liked the touch screen controls and the bosses.

6) Donkey Kong 64. Donkey kong 64 is the best game for collecting. From bananas, upgrades, banana fairies, blueprints, crowns, banana medals, and so on, this game has the most collecting out of every game I've played, and I love games where you have to collect lots of items.

7) Animal Crossing GC. When it comes to lifestyle games I think animal crossing is the best game. Animal crossing GC is a huge game for one reason: it never ends. In animal crossing the seasons change and each season there are different kind of festivals. new people..Or I should say animals are moving in everyday. you can pay off a mortgage and buy furniture. different things are happening each time I play, and it never fails to please me. I can play animal crossing for hours.

8) Final Fantasy: Ring of Fates DS. I liked Ring of Fates for the weapons, armor, and potion upgrades. The game was also good for massive levels too. but the thing that is really cool about the game is that all the characters had different attributes to get through the level.

9) The Pokemon series. I cant choose a certain Pokemon game because they're basically all the same. But what I love about the series is the strategic battling, contests, gym battles, and the evolution of Pokemon.

10)Mario Racing 64 I love Mario racing 64 because I played it all the time as a kid. I still think mario racing 64 is better than the mario racing for GC and Wii.

Last edited:

DCMN

Hero of Internet
Brawl, Halo 3 or Pokemon Red. Games I always go back too. I love lots of other games too, but I find it hard to get back into them after a few months of not playing.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
My favorite game is probably Super Smash Bros Brawl. There always is a new character or level to unlock. The only thing I don't like is that the last boss seems impossible to beat. :devil:

In my opinion, SSBB is too shallow to be my favorite game, I coild never consider a "fighting" game as my favorite.

I don't have a favorite game at all, there are tons occupying the same space in my heart, so I am gonna post 2 for each system I own

N64:

1-The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
2-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

GCN

1-The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
2-Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

Wii

1-The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
2-Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

GB

1-The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
2-Pokémon Red

GBC

1-Pokémon Silver
2-The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages

GBA

1- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past/Four Swords
2- Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance

NDS

1-Pokémon Platinum
2- Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow

PSP

1-Crisis Core-Final Fantasy VII
2-Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles/Symphony of the Night

PS2

1-Kingdom Hearts 2
2-Final Fantasy X

Immortal_One

Math is power.
I have a few:
-Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
-Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
-Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
-Chrono Trigger
-Super Mario World (Nostalgia's the main reason)
-Final Fantasy IV
-Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal
-Half Life/Half Life 2

Off the top of my head, those are my favorites I've finished. Narrowing it down would be kind of tough though :P

N

NarutoAngel221

My favorite game is a naruto game as well as Conquer online...I wonder if you have heard of this games ??

In my opinion, SSBB is too shallow to be my favorite game, I coild never consider a "fighting" game as my favorite.

I agree. SSBB is great. Easily one of the best games for the Wii, and it has tons of replay value. But other games, which go much deeper and get much more emotional, I would call better. You mention Final Fantasy X on your list, and I would also agree there. I'm not one that gets involved in the characters of the game. I usually just play a game for fun or for a good story, without ever really connecting or caring about the characters. FFX broke that rule. While it's hard to explain, FFX opened up an entirely different perspective of games for me. For once, I actually cared about what happened to the made-up characters. I was sad when they were sad, and I was happy when they were happy. I teared up when I saw the ending too because everyone seemed to lose something. Because of this and an amazing turn based battle system, I very well could consider Final Fantasy X to be the best game I've ever played.

Then, of course, there are some games that are pure fun. Mario Galaxy is a prime example in my case. It has no real story, no character development, and pretty much nothing depressing about it. Pretty much the complete opposite of FFX. But, I found the game to be so fun, that it didn't need any of these elements. I could play that game for hours without ever getting bored, just because of its amazing game play. This is the other contender for my favorite game.

I really can't choose between the two. They're both complete opposites, and the both shine in very different spots. But there's no doubt in my mind that FFX and Mario Galaxy are the two single greatest games I've ever played.

Despite not being in my top 10, Earthbound. It is in my opinion the greatest RPG of all time. Especially since it came out in the golden age of home video game consoles.

If we want to go by system:

N64: Easily Goldeneye 007. That game entertained me for longer than I could even imagine during my childhood, and I honestly think you cannot possibly get bored playing it too much. It may be low leveled compared to some of today's games but, I think it's still the best shooter game I've ever played, and it'll be that for a long time to come.

Gameboy: Pokemon Red/Blue. I think one of the best if not the best RPG game ever made. I can't specifically say which one I'd rather have, because there's little difference other than color and a few pokemon. But I just recently picked up FireRed again, and granted it's graphics are hugely improved, but I played that game all day long for a good week straight, and I did not want to put it down. There's just something about collecting, and strategy, and beating the crap out of other teams that just makes you feel great and want to play more of it.

Gameboy Advance/SP: A Link to the Past. Yes, I know it wasn't originally made for this system, but it was beautiful for sure on it. Probably my second favorite zelda game, it has everything to keep you entertained and wanting to play more of it, and great because I can play whenever and wherever I want to.

Gamecube: Simpsons Hit and Run. A lot may not know the game, but I think it's one of the greats. It's everything from one of my favorite animated shows ever, and I think it's just a game where so many different things can happen, and no race to a simple objective is ever the same, so I keep playing it over and over simply to get a better score and time.

DS: I think it's a tie between 3 different games. Phantom Hourglass, Pokemon Diamond, and Super Mario DS. PH may be a very simple game, but it kept me interested and I simply love the touch screen controls of it so much I keep coming back for more. Pokemon Diamond for the same reasons as Pokemon Red, it keeps me entertained for so long, that I love to play it over and over. And Super Mario DS, because it's everything about the original great, plus more levels, more games, and now you can take it with you wherever you want to. What's not great about that?

Wii: Super Mario Galaxy. Easily. I think this is probably the best Wii game, and one of the best games ever created, yet to be outdone. It's simple yes, but it's Super Mario 64, brought into a much more impressive 3D world, now set in space, with a huge amount of levels I have a hard time even completing, and it's basically all the fun games of, water surfing, transforming into different things and so on, that I'd love to do in real life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom