• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Favorite Video Game Series

Wich game-serie is the best?

• The legend of zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Modern Warfare

• Kingdom Hearts

• Final Fantasy

• Mario

• Halo

• Total voters

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
You should add Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, Splinter Cell, Sonic the Hedgehog, Metroid, and Grand Theft Auto.

Last edited:
A

AbbySciuto

You didn't mention Half-Life.

Ignorant pig...how did Zelda get the most votes? It's not like this site has a theme or anything. (/sarcasm)

I disagree. Halo is a much better series than Zelda is. While Zelda has a deep plotline (with multiple branches that I still don't fully understand, even after playing all the games multiple times), it lacks "outside" canon events. Halo has its series of canon books, while Zelda has only the games and a huge amount of non-canon fanfiction. Re-playability factor for Halo, though, is extremely low (not counting multiplayer). At least in Zelda, you have a chance to go back and play again and find new things to do. The clincher for me is that I like reading books about video games (that don't have a video game version) as opposed to playing them. Hence why my choice was Halo.

TL;DR I voted for Halo because it has novelizations, while Zelda lacks this quality.

EDIT: Page king again...wow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
I just saw some videos and here's the new list. This is one of the changes that I was talking about earlier.

1) Star Fox
2) Zelda and GTA
3) Guitar Hero
4) Mario
5) Call of Duty

I can't really say in and particular order but here they are:
Zelda (of course)
Star Ocean
Pokemon
Mario
Star Fox

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
I want to start this again in another thread, so PJDEP is going to close this one soon. But I want to keep this thread open for some time so you can discuss wich other games should be in the poll to.

so vote for the game(serie) you want to see in the poll. There are 4 places left in the poll ;): (I create the new thread probably in a weak, the 4 games with the most votes will be in the poll)

Last edited:
A

AbbySciuto

1) Half-Life
2) Halo
3) Legend of Zelda
4) Mario
5) Indie Games (Mostly Audiosurf and Dr. Lunatic)

There no real order , but.
1.Zelda Games.
2.Pokemon Games.
3.Mario games.
4.Call of duty (Used to be but i still dont mind playing)
5. (Just action games and other types.)

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
1. The Legend of Zelda
2. The Legend of Zelda
3. The Legend of Zelda
4. The Legend of- NAH, I'm just kidding.

Though I did genuinely think about putting that, because on the whole Zelda is the only real series I like... I mostly tend to play one-off games, or I only actually like one of two games in a series, not the series as a whole. But I suppose, if I had to make a list of favourite series is would be:

1. The Legend of Zelda (no surprises there)
2. Mario Kart (hands down one of my favourite multiplayers, with added nostalgic value)
3. The BIT.TRIP series (One of the rare exceptions, apart from Zelda, where I love each and every game in the series... they're all ridiculously fantastic and addictive games! Ad if you haven't already, you really need to try them)
4. Sega Megadrive/Genesis Sonic the Hedgehog games and Sonic Advance games. (I'd be lying if I said the series as a whole, since I hate most of the 3D Sonics... urgh)
5. Pikmin and Smash Bros (about on par, and there's hardly enough games to call them as series on their own, so I smushed them together in number 5 spot).

Now, now before I get lynched, yes I have played Pokemon/Mario/Kirby/FF, but like I said only one or two of the games actually appeal to me, so it isn't fair if I list them as liking the whole series when I don't technically. And since this is a list of my favourite series, there's no point listing them. And sadly, call me a no0b, but no... I've never played a Metroid game in my life, though I definitely plan on picking one up some time...

And yeah, I know they're mostly Nintendo series, and I've not been around the pond much, as it were... but I'm not bothered, Nintendo make great games and that's good enough for me =D

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
??? what's going on??? serious, I started this thread and the poll but it isn't in my list anymore and I didn't start this threed in february (I joined in Juli)??

first look at the first post, and then look at post number 63..?

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
Out of the Poll, I only Like Zelda, Mario, Modern Warfare and Halo. Final Fantasy sucks and I've never played Kingdom hearts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom