1. Zelda, whole series (duh...)
2. Final Fantasy (I-VI on NES/SNES, favourites III/IV/V). As a "quasi spinoff", I shall also note Chrono Trigger, which is up there with FF III/IV/V
3. Siedler (II-IV, PC, Civ builder, German for "Settlers", I doubt that anyone here has ever heard of it)
4. Mario (all NES/SNES versions and N64 Paper Mario, I didn't lik SM64 that much and I haven't played the newer ones yet)
5. Caesar/Pharao Series (again this is mostly unknown outside of Europe)
Yeah, I'm some kind of "classicist", most of my favourite games are from the late 80s to late 90s, I just haven't been able to truly enjoy newer games, beacause IMO most of them are all about the graphics with long cutscenes and other "idle phases" that make them more like movies, while I rather prefer fast-paced games with more action and difficulty. Yes I've included civ builders too which some might consider boring and even slower, but they involve a lot of brain work and are highly non-linear, that's the other class of games I like.
ⅰ. Legend of Zelda - for its continuous plot and intensity. And of course, for the awesomeness that is Ganondorf.
ⅱ. Rune Factory - it is sort of a mix between Harvest Moon and the Legend of Zelda.
ⅲ. MarioKart - because who doesn't love racing in a Mario fashion.
ⅳ. Guitar Hero - I am good at it and I get to listen to free music--except that you still have to pay for the game... :xd:
ⅴ. Super Smash Bros. - it is fun to K.O. video game characters that I hate and it relieves stress.
1~ Kingdom Hearts.
It's theme of "friendship" and 'love" overwhelms me at points. They storylines are nothing short of beautiful.
2~ The Legend of Zelda.
It's fantasy-esque themes excite me to no end.
3~ Donkey Kong Country.
Its my childhood.
Same as number 3.
5~ Super Smash Bros.
It's just fun lol and ALL my friends love it.