• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Favorite Skyward Sword Music

I don't know if there's a Thread about this already (haven't seen one), if there is please delete this one :)

Skyward Sword has some of the best music in the entire Zelda franchise and this being the first orchestrated Zelda game my following question is:
What is your (top 10 or)top 5 of favourite Skyward Sword music? ...Need help? Check Youtube: Skyward Sword Soundtrack...

So my top 10 would be:

1. Ballad of the Goddess
2. Crimson Loftwing, that trombone just gives me the shivers
3. Romance
4. Zelda's Lullaby, I prefer these instruments over the original one
5. The Sky
6. Seperation
7. Fi's Theme
8. Lord 'Fabulous' Ghirahim
9. Gate of Time
10. Groose, strangely reminds me of the Pirate theme from WW

So let's hear about yours

Last edited:

rettam

I accidentally the...
1) Ghirahim's battle theme (3)
2) Fi's theme (all versions)
3) Koloktos/Moldarach theme
4) Demise battle theme (both parts)
5) Tadtones
6) Ancient Harbor
7) Zelda's Lullaby
8) Levias (appearance and first part of battle)
9) Ballad of the Goddess
10) Sealed Grounds

My least favorite (Really the only one I dislike) is the one that plays inside the summit of Eldin Volcano, between the waterfall and the Fire Sanctuary. It actually is slightly painful on the ears to listen to, at least for me.

I have three favorites, actually.

1. Ghirahim's Theme
2. The Sky
3. Fi's Theme

I don't know why, but its these 3 songs that I find myself humming to the most.

A

Axion

Sandsea by far. It's so tranquil... with an ancient twang. Hard to describe, really, but they couldn't have possibly found a song that better suited the Sandsea area.

By the way, are they ever going to release a soundtrack? I would be absolutely willing to pay $40 or more to get the whole (67 song?) soundtrack. It would be even better if they included some of music from the symphony besides the eight on the CD they already released.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I could come up with a good 10 in no real order...

Lanayru Desert
Lanayru Sand Sea
Ballad of the Goddess
Zelda's Lullaby
Faron Woods
Sealed Grounds
Groose's Theme
The Sky
Moldarach/Koloktos Battle
Thrill Digger Theme

R

Rikku9314

Fi's Theme. Hands down. I like the piano version of it the best =)

It's incredibly tough to label just 10 songs, but I'll leave you with one of the most exciting:

[video=youtube;Mc08QyupAME]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc08QyupAME[/video]

Majora's Cat

How about that
First off, Skyward Sword defines perfection in video game music. When you listen to the game's soundtrack and then try to listen to another game's, there just isn't any comparison. Nintendo does right the wrong it did before with all-MIDI music, and Kondo and the team bring the grandiose and beauty of the series into the soundtrack. The backwards Zelda's Lullaby in the Skyward Sword theme was a nice Easter Egg, but even Zelda's Lullaby pales in comparison to the brilliance of the SS theme's composition.

1. Staff Roll

I hate to choose a single theme in particular to be my favorite, since Skyward Sword easily has the best soundtrack in any Zelda game (or in any video game, period). It's best to think about it this way: the staff roll always takes the best music from the game, from the series and remixes them to perfection. That is why the music played during the staff credits will always be my favorite. Several different pieces are compiled into one seven minute long fully-orchestrated masterpiece. There is nothing more satisfying in the world than hearing the Skyward Sword theme, the Skyloft theme, the original Zelda theme, Song of the Hero and much more being played by one of the world's finest orchestras.

The best part of the staff roll would have to be the buildup to the original Zelda theme. Afterwards, the familiar Skyloft theme plays once again. Then everything is brought to a close with music similar to that in the beginning of the credits, but accompanied by a magnificent choir.

2. Demise Battle (Second Version)

The combination of snare drums, an eerie choir and and a large group of strings makes for the most unforgettable final boss theme in the franchise's history. Did you think Twilight Princess' final boss music was amazing? Or Super Mario Galaxy's? They all sound like nails across a chalkboard when compared to the Demise battle theme in the second half of the battle.

Darkness, despair and demise - these three Ds are portrayed very vividly in the composition. It gives the player the sense that this is the climax of the game. That feeling is increased exponentially due to Demise's difficulty. It may take most gamers three or more tries to take down the titan! Demise is intimidating enough already, but the music really amplifies that fear enough to make the player **** their pants.

3. Ghirahim (Final Version)

Although the melody of Ghirahim's battles never changes, extra layers are added in the second and third versions to make him seem more menacing. As always, the melody is played by a group of strings and several different brass instruments. And much like the final battle with Demise, a voice choir is present to give the music an epic feel.

4. Earth Temple

The Earth Temple doesn't really embody earth at all, but instead fire. For some reason, strange acoustics make for a very "tribal" atmosphere, and the Earth Temple theme delivers with striking elegance. Though some sounds may seem random, it just adds to the brilliance of the piece. Yes, there are even rattlesnake sounds.

5. Ballad of the Goddess (Original, Harp + Fi Version and 25th Anniversary)

All of the versions of the Ballad of the Goddess are masterful. Each is special in its own way. The original theme is very simple and beautiful, but eventually transitions into an epic full-orchestra piece. The song transitions from quiet and beautiful to adventurous and loud. Nothing bad can be said about any of these versions because they are all so tear-jerking. This song in particular proves that Skyward Sword has some of the greatest video game music in the history of the industry.

6. Lanayru Mining Facility

Much like the Stone Tower Temple, Lanayru Mining Facility is very sandy and overall has a beige hue. They both have two different versions, and the themes vary with the changing of the dungeons. But very much unlike the Stone Tower Temple, the Lanayru Mining Facility can look very lush in vegetation and sport several different colors when an area is transformed into its past version. The theme adapts wonderfully to this change while maintaining its clear Egyptian-inspired style.

7. Ancient Cistern

The echo effect is used intelligently in the Ancient Cistern theme. The ringing of chimes echoing through the dungeon leaves a huge impression on the player, and it suits the dungeon well. The Ancient Cistern may very well have the largest open space of any dungeon in Skyward Sword, so the echoing through the large circular chamber fits the dungeon.

8. Skyview Temple

Did we ever anticipate the strange combination of instruments in Skyview Temple? Of course not. Perhaps the eerie music is what makes Skyview Temple seem so... eerie. The main melody appears to be played by an oboe, which is certainly different, to say the least. And when the player progresses to later parts in the dungeon, the full orchestra kicks in and makes the theme ever more intimidating.

9. Faron Woods

This piece is so simple but effectively uses maracas and other instruments that would be associated with a "forest". Faron Woods' music is decidedly upbeat, but probably one of the only themes in Skyward Sword that can actually be distinguished as such. Most themes aren't so happy, but more of a mix between dark and mystical. The happy feeling that the music exudes might also be to underline how carefree Link is at the beginning of the game - before he knows what perils lie beyond the woods. That's precisely why Faron Woods is so endearing.

10. Koloktos/Moldarach

The Koloktos/Moldarach music gives the player a sense of urgency. The music is fast-paced, stunningly powerful and perfectly fits with the two more "hands-on" bosses in the game.

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
Here's My Top 10 For Skyward Sword's Soundtrack:

1. Fi's Theme

2. Earth Temple Theme

3. Bamboo Island Theme

4. Godess Statue Theme (Outside it)

5. Levias Battle

6. Isle of Songs

7. Demise Battle (Phase 2)

8. When all three dragons sing the Song of Hero

9. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Theme

10. Ancient Harbor or Nayru's Wisdom on Harp (Can't Decide)

And I didn't count this since it wasn't 'in the game', but 11. Staff Roll (Credits)

I don' know why people said this game didn't have memorable music. I thought it had ALOT of memorable tracks. Loved the game.

Still Haven't beaten the game, so I am making a premature decision. So far, my favorite music is Inside The Volcano. Simple, dark, and awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom