• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Favorite RPGs

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
And anybody who has played Super Mario RPG can't help but say that they love it.

I can say that it is the 5th best Mario RPG and soon to be 6th best after I playe Mario & Luigi 3.

The problem with SMRPG is that the game feels like a RPG Square was making and then pasted a Mario theme over it. They throw in an awkward platforming element and some lame original characters (Geno and Mallow suck) and put it out there.

It is a good game but the Paper Mario and M&L series did a far better job with replicating the Mario feel onto an RPG medium.

5. Skies of Arcada: Legends
4. Tales of Symphonia
3. Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
2. Dragon Quest 8
1. Rouge Galaxy... this is the best game ever. EVER

Wow, I can't believe I forgot Kingdom Hearts in my earlier post. Really, this game is among one of the best RPGs I've ever played. I think the main reason I like it so much id because of its amazing real time battle system. Battles go so much quicker than with a turn based system, which allows you to follow the storyline with a nice flow. Others disagree, but I thought the story in this game was very well thought out and organized.

I agree!
The market needs more games that have real-time battles (Like Kingdom Hearts or Zelda!) or things to do during turn based battles (Like Mario and Luigi!).
Turn based games are boring.
I'm getting bored of pokemon now.

Shnappy

derp
Oh geez, this is kind of hard. I love RPGs.
1. FF3
2. Tales of Symphonia
3. FF4
4. Tales of Phantasia
5. Pokemon D/P/Pt

I'm sure that some more FF and Tales titles would be up there if I decided to buy a PlayStation and play them. :)

3. Pokemon G/S/C ~ These in my opinion were the best of the pokemon series. Now I know Pokemon isn't considered an RPG but it functions like one. Random encounters, turn based battles, items, leveling up, the usual.

2. Earthbound -- This is a great RPG because it had a good plot, good setting, and replaced 16-25 year old swords and sorcery style protagonists with psionic preteens (minus the one that uses the missiles and stuff). Plus its predecessor was named after the song written by John Lennon and makes millions of Beatles references. The only reason its not 1 is to show my disliking to how Shigesato Itoi does not plan to put it on Virtual Console and holding Mother from the US.

1. Super Mario RPG ~ This one is the best RPG of all time (I'm gonna guess Chrono Trigger would be better if I actually could play it) in my opinion. this one is the only one in the RP Mario Games that didn't use cartoony outlooks. It looked like an RPG, and it looked like Mario. Geno really sparked it, playing as Bowser was cool, Mallow is okay, and Peach is cool for those healing psionic moves.

Len

Zelda On Paper
paper mario 64
paper mario the thousand year door
mario and luigi susperstar saga
mario and luigi partners in time
final fantasy the christal chronicles
final fantasy (crisis core for psp)
chrono tiger (snes)
super mario rpg (snes)

Evenstevenp

The Zelda Master
Super Mario RPG
Paper Mario 1 and 2
Mario & Luigi 1 and 2 (Soon to be 3! SO EXITED!)
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy 4-7
MOTHER 1, 2 (EarthBound), and 3

I'll confess I'm not a huge fan of the RPG genre. I like RPGs, but I'm not terribly into the traditional ones (think the main Final Fantasy series.)

But when it comes to nontraditional RPGs, I'm a huge fan. Some of my favorites:

Final Fantasy Tactics
Kingdom Hearts
Parasite Eve
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Basically I like action RPGs and tactical RPGs the best. I also like RPGs where the attacks and abilities require button presses or minigames, as well as ones with really unique fighting systems.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I have a few. Disgaea, Valkyrie Profile, Ogre Battle, and paper Mario. There are others but I wont mention them all.

Favorite RPG?

pretty simpe, just name your favorite RPG (Loz games don't count, they're action/adventure games). mine's chrono trigger because of the good story, combination techniques, and fast-paced combat.:D

Kybyrian

I can agree with you on that, Chrono Trigger all the way. I played Chrono Trigger a long time ago, though. I did just about everything there is to do, collected the most powerful weapons for each character that I could, went through the different endings and all that. The game was a ton of fun. It was definitely more enjoyable than most of the Final Fantasy games. I absolutely loved it.

pokemon is possibly the only rpg i like, they simply arent my thing, i tried so hard to get myself into elder scrolls 4 oblivion and just couldnt, no matter how hard i tried. and no dont tell me zelda is an rpg, zelda has next to no rpg elements whatsoever, zelda 2 (which i love) is almost an rpg, just because of the leveling up

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
PMD explorers of sky. i loved the plot. Pokemon used to be my favorite series (until i knew TWW existed) and realized the plot should be deeper. Since PMD spin-off series had the best and sky was the first one I beat its my favorite!(but i dont know if its an RPG)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom