• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Favorite RPGs

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
Phantasy Star Episodes 1&2, a beautiful, futuristic RPG. It's a bit outdated now and has sequels, but I will never grow old of that game. Also, it's the only game I own which I haven't completed, it's just TOO long.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I didn't play that many RPGs yet, but out of the ones I played I'd say Final Fantasy IV and V, I really liked them. SMRPG was good too, the only thing I can complain about is that it was a bit reduced compared to FF (Paper Mario, while having a really good story, nice music and graphics, was a bit too limited for me). Since it has been overwhelmingly praised by almost everyone, I think I'll give Chrono Trigger a try in the near future. But I wonder if it is actually some sort of "Final Fantasy Light" with reduced stats, leveling etc, or does it even add things? And does it contain a lot of Sci-Fi? (Because I'm not really a fan of spaceships, light sabres and the like, I rather prefer a medieval setting in my fantasy games)

@blubb it's kinda like one fourth sci-fi. the game's main feature is time travel and one place you go to is the desolate future, but don't worry, you're not going to be light saber dueling with darth vader on the moon, the game maintains that medieval feel for almost the entire game.
@Epwna i wouldn't get my hopes up if i were you. the game isn't all it's cracked up to be. :(

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
GOLDEN SUN
it was just so great: graphics (on GBA) we awesome, the Djinni were fun cause you had to find them, then use them stratigically in your battles, and the battle system was good too.
Best part about it was there was very little need for GRINDING which we all hate...

✖J◎$Ⓗ⊥∧M0Ⓝ$⊥@✖

You are all wrong Final Fantasy 12 ALL TEH WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

H

harveyjerry

My first RPG ever Pokemon Blue. I was five or six at the time of the game and the gameboy massive sulphide. Shortly after I moved to gameboy pocket, gameboy color and then. I was really into Pokemon when I was a kid. My collection included blue, red, yellow, gold, silver, Crystal, Ruby and Sapphire.

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
The Mario & Luigi games. I loved those games! x3 I actually beat all of them.. I hope another one comes out. :3

They have great music, great story, great gameplay... It's really fun.

Fahxy

Grand Campaigner
I'd have to say.... Quite a few, now that I think of it. My first RPG was Dungeon Lords for the PC (Everyone hates it for some reason, but I loved it), and I will always have a special place for it because it was my first RPG. Recently, I've been playing Secret of Mana. Now there is an awesome game. Such open-ended exploring, in a world so extremely massive that I still can't believe it when I ride on Flammie the dragon. I like that game A LOT. It has great graphics, too. Also, I loved paper mario for the 64, and it's GC sequel the thousand year door. I am also currently enjoying Monster Hunter Tri for the Wii, although I'm not sure that it counts as an rpg.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
Phantasy Star IV: The end of the Millennium .. it brought perfect closure to the series up to that point, had a great story, awesome combos, lots of characters with various personalities, and was lengthy, but you didn't spend 3/4 of the game leveling up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom