• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

**Your Favorite Quotes**

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
[SORRY IF THIS THREAD EXISTS! IF IT DOES, PLEASE MERGE THEM]

Hello everyone.

Just a simple thread to post your favorite quotes said or from anyone/anything.

Here are mine:

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. -- Albert Einstein

Life is what you make it. Always has been, always will be. -- Eleanor Roosevelt

Better three hours too soon than a minute too late. -- Shakespeare

And no, we don't know where our ideas will lead. We just know that they're bigger than anyone here. -- Steve Jobs

So... yeah, post your favorite quotes below and I'll see you guys later!

Last edited:

Nicole

luke is my wife
I have quite a few quotes that I tend to live by and relate too often.

"You have to believe that good enough just isn't good enough." -Derek Jeter (on the Ford commercials xD)

That's one I always think of to try and push myself to do better. Why settle for 95% when you can get 100%? And Derek Jeter is the perfect role model for that.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." -My coach

I always think of this when I'm afraid to take a "shot," whether it be a literal shot in basketball, or some new thing I might be afraid to try. You may be afraid of failing, but if you don't try, you automatically fail anyway.

"Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." -My seventh grade English teacher

This is one I think of when I try to keep myself humble. I know it's important to keep your head screwed on right, and I always think of this when I do things that I'm not too proud of.

"Without evil, there can be no good." -one of the villains from the TV show Charmed

As cynical as this may be, I find it to be very true. Not just good and evil, but happiness and sadness. If we weren't sad sometimes, we'd never appreciate true happiness.

"There it goes! See ya!" -Michael Kay, broadcaster for the New York Yankees

Michael Kay's signature home run call for the New York Yankees. :bleh:

Big Octo

=^)
"Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." -My seventh grade English teacher
Actually, I heard this somewhere else, so your English Teacher must have got it from somewhere else.

Anyway,

"I feel I'm very much a part of my times, of my culture, as much a part of it as rockets and television."
- Andy Warhol

Being a great artist, this went to what some talent can do.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
"Why do we fall, Bruce? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again." - Thomas Wayne, Batman Begins

"Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn." - Alfred Pennyworth, The Dark Knight

"All that we have to decide is what to do with the time given to us." - Gandalf the Gray, The Fellowhip of the Ring

"Life is about making choices." - Myself

*I'll update if I think of more.

chris112

ゼルダファンの伝説!
Wooooo! - Rick Flare
I brought you into this world and I can take you out - ...Lots of mothers
TeeHee! - NigaHiga

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
"And I've had recurring nightmares that I was loved for who I am, and missed the opportunity to be a better man."

-Hoodoo, Muse

"Nikoru is mah wafflez" (I think that's how you say it)

-Wyatt

MW7

"All that we have to decide is what to do with the time given to us." - Gandalf the Gray, The Fellowhip of the Ring

"Life is about making choices." - Myself

These two quotes reminded me of one from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Dumbledore speaking to Harry.

"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

"You! Its you!"
"The ghost of Christmas past."
Lewis Prothero and V, V for Vendetta

and another one from V for Vendetta:

"Die! Why won't you die?!"
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof!"
(Proceeds to kill Creedy)
Creedy and V, V for Vendetta

And:

"Well its simple. We kill the Batman."
Joker, the Dark Knight

:P

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
"Why so Serious"
The Joker from the Dark Knight

"Say Hello to my little friend!"
Scarface

"This city deserves a better class of criminal, I'm going to give it to them"
The Joker

"You're just a freak, like me"
The Joker

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof!"
V

"Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks. But of course, if you dig deeper, it's really how it works."
Steve Jobs

Those are my favorites, after watching V for Vendetta, that recently became one of my favorites, and the explosion :D. And half of them are from the Joker, I like him

Last edited:

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
"You aren't gonna say you have a bad feeling about this, are you? I hate it when you say that."

-Han Solo in some Star Wars book.

I saw that on Star Wars Wikia, had to put it in. :P

"All human wisdom in contained in these words: wait and hope" - The Count of Monte Cristo

"In the Bathroom!" - NintendoCapriSun

"I will only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me... Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it." - Albus Dumbledore

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom