• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Favorite Portable Zelda Game?

Favorite Portable Zelda?

• Link's Awkening

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oracle of Seasons

• Oracle of Ages

• Four Swords

• Four Swords Adventures

• Minish Cap

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Total voters
I would say my favorite handheld Zelda game thus far is Link's Awakening, but I haven't played the Oracle games yet so they could be my favorites soon. :lol:

Last edited:
My favorite portable Zelda game is The Minish Cap followed closely by Spirit Tracks. Both titles seemed perfect for shorter on-the-go play sessions but also offered their own specific set of quirks and challenging puzzles which often competed in scale with those of their much more elaborate console counterparts.

I first played The Minish Cap in December of last year as part of the Ambassador Program for 3DS. I naturally had no nostalgia for the title beforehand. Within minutes, I had fallen in love with it. The Minish Cap has something I very much like to see in Zelda games-a lightning fast beginning. Personally, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword were plagued by too large of an introduction. This problem did not bog down The Minish Cap. You went to the Minish Ceremony and saw the suave and slick Vaati wreak his havoc and you were off on a mission to save the princess. The overworld was large and complete unlike some more recent games (stares at Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword). The crowning cherry on top, however, was your charming companion-Ezlo. Dang, that hat is hilarious. :xd:

Spirit Tracks was a different beast completely but enjoyable like nearly no other title in the franchise. I was not a fan of losing the exploration aspect in the overworld, however, the dungeons and sidequests were rewarding-I especially made a point of locating every Stamp Station the title had to offer. Also, it was nice to see certain characters from Phantom Hourglass make a cameo return. ;) The two aspects of the game, however, that stood out most for me were the music and boss battles. Phantom Hourglass's soundtrack was alright but it's as though the developers over at Nintendo injected morphine into its sequel. I especially enjoyed the fast paced music of the Forest Realm. Also, I will never forget the last few boss battles especially Cragma and Skledritch which remain some of my favorite in franchise history not only due to their colossal scope but near perfect execution.

Minish Cap and Phantom Hourglass are my two favorites, but I will have to give it to Minish Cap because it has always had a special place in my heart and I really love the storyline :)

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
I have to say Spirit Tracks. It utilizes the DS's functions like mad, has an amazing soundtrack, is very unique with its travel mode and was really intense at points (Dark Trains, the rock spider/thing that cases you in caves.)

KaeporaGaebora

TheOwlSage
Why isn't A Link to the Past GBA version on here? It is indeed a handheld/portable game. It's more or less a port of a SNES game. And what about Ocarina of Time 3DS? They don't count? Anyways my favorite portable Zelda is A Link to the Past GBA. My favorite Zelda game on GBA. Why not?

Why isn't A Link to the Past GBA version on here? It is indeed a handheld/portable game. It's more or less a port of a SNES game. And what about Ocarina of Time 3DS? They don't count? Anyways my favorite portable Zelda is A Link to the Past GBA. My favorite Zelda game on GBA. Why not?

I assume the poll only refers to original portable Zelda games, not ports or remakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom