• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Favorite Pokemon Game

What is your favorite Pokemon game?

• Pokemon Red/Blue/Green

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Pokemon Yellow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokemon Gold/Silver

• Pokemon Crystal

• Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire

• Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green

• Pokemon Emerald

• Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

• Pokemon Platinum

• Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver

• Pokemon Black and White

• Pokemon Stadium

• Pokemon Stadium 2

• Pokemon Colosseum

• Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness

• Pokemon Battle Revolution

• Other

• Pokemon Black 2 and White 2

• Pokemon X and Y

• Total voters

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
I really like Black. I've played all the way up to the Elite Four and while going through the game, I became addicted. I came up with strategies for making my Pokemon strong and I focused on many Pokemon to evolve and strengthen them to a certain point. Even if I keep messing up the Elite Four battle, it helps me improve my battle strategy and train my Pokemon more.

I recently got Pokemon X. I'm looking forward to playing it!

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
This thread really should be updated to include Black/White 2 and now X and Y to remain up-to-date.

Also, I'm gonna update my answer from over a year ago. I don't really enjoy SoulSilver all that much anymore, as I've become accustomed to the more dynamic in-battle movements of the 'mons and of the much higher levels found within the newer games. Also, aside from Voltorb Flip (still one of my favorite sidegames btw!) there just really isn't anything to do after you beat Red.

So yeah, I'm updating my answer to a tie between Emerald, Black 1, Black 2, and Y.

Emerald, still same answer as before. Same as Black 2.

As for Black 1, while it also suffers the same fate as SS in that there really isn't much to do at a certain point after beating the League (for real), and while I still don' really care that much for a great deal of the Gen 5 designs, and while there really isn't much sidetracking from the main story of the game, I can quite easily forgive Black 1 of these transgressions because the main story's just that darn good. Seriously, it's the only Pokemon game I picked up to play through for story reasons rather than gameplay as is default for me. I honestly think GameFreak outdid themselves with it, because I'm having a hard time thinking of how they can outperform it.

[For this next bit, SPOILERS AHOY! Ye be warned!]

And as for Y, I only really need to say this: POKEMON BATTLES IN 3-D!!! The visual design of Pokemon games has never looked as good as this, and it's just a blast to watch them duke it out in fully-rendered 3D combat. On top of that, the much-improved online capabilities have been a godsend for me in improving my own competitive strategies. But battling isn't the only thing X/Y have going for it either! I quite enjoyed the story of Y as well, and while the villainous team didn't reach for quite the same levels as Plasma did, they still had their own sense of style that I found captivating, as well as a central motive that turned out to be far more disturbing than I originally gave them credit for (if my avatar is anything to go by, I'm quite smitten by the blokes). As well, I was also enthralled by your friends/rivals that traveled alongside you and each had their own motives for doing what they did (my favorite among them being Shauna, since she had the most personality of the bunch and also seemed to have a thing for the main character which I found just adorable :)) Not to mention AZ and the backstory of the Great War (I'm glad they managed to work a global war into the Pokemon games, though I still maintain that it'll be freakin' sweet if we as players get to take part in that war).

And, as a blanket statement for all 4 of the games, the music for each is superb, each of them in their own ways.

Skunk

Floof
My favorite is X/Y. I love all of the new Pokemon, the new region, the new look, everthing.

Hsien Ko

Thread murderer
I believe that Pokemon Platinum is my favorite game.
It was the first actual Pokemon game that I owned and I loved it since then, I just regret selling it....

Fig

The Altruist
With the release of Pokemon X & Y, I would like to say that X/Y are my favorite Pokemon games! They have significantly improved the quality that the franchise usually has achieved in the past few generations. Nintendo and GameFreak have really increased the amount of content and details to start the beginning of the Gen VI era. The story was alright, the selection of Pokemon was outstanding, and the many features that premiered in X & Y were simply amazing to utilize such as trainer customization and Wonder Trading. Competitively speaking, Gen VI is the best way and format to create a competitive team. There are numerous ways to quickly gain your EVs and even made it easier to get the IVs with the Destiny Knot. Anyone who wants to create a competitive Pokemon team, I highly suggest to use X & Y to quickly make you teams in no time at all once you get the hang of it. It is because of the unique and returning features that Pokemon X & Y provides alongside the easy start to get into competitive play really benefits both the casual and competitive players! You did an outstanding job Nintendo and GameFreak! Amazing job! :clap: :pikalove:

Pokemon Silver (and by inclusion, SoulSilver) is my favorite Pokemon game. Gen II is my favorite Gen, but Silver is the only one to have all of my favorite Gen II Pokemon. Gastly/Hanter/Gengar is in all three games, but Mareep/Flaaffy/Ampharos is excluded from Crystal and Vulpix/Ninetails is completely omitted from both Gold and Crystal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom