• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Your Favorite Part of the DLC?

What aspect of the DLC did you get the most enjoyment out of?

• Trial of the Sword

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Searching for/wearing the rumor gear

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • The cutscenes/diaries

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • The Divine Beast Trials/Blight fights

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The final Divine Beast/Boss

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • The Master Cycle

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Why can’t we vote for multiple things? I voted for the Master Cycle, which is awesome and continues to provide me with tons of fun, but I also greatly enjoyed everything about the Champion’s Ballad. The new memories were all great, especially the final one. They gave me everything I was hoping for out of the second DLC. The new shrines were also some of the most creative in the game, and the Final Trial was done really well.

The Trial of the Sword was a great challenge and Master Mode has added hundreds more hours of gameplay. The new gear was all neat, it’s just a shame they can’t be upgraded. Honestly there was nothing about any of the DLC (except for the unupgradeable aspect of the armors) that disappointed me.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I loved the sec DLC the most. I enjoyed EVERYTHING. It was a blast to go Shrine hunting again. I missed these damn things so much! And then the Master Cycle...it was so totally worth it!

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
The Trial of The Sword was by far the best part of the DLC for me. By far. By a very far amount of far.

Ninja

Well well well
My favorite part of the DLC was the added cutscenes and diaries. I really wanted some more backstory from the Champions and it was done very well.

Quin

Disaster Master
Everything in pack 1 should have been in the base game and not behind a pay wall. It was just stuff that enhances the base experience, not add much new. That said I had a good time with the trail still. It showed how good the combat in this game was. Pack 2 was great.(although horse Armour shouldn't have been paid either) the new shrines were some of the best, and the dungeon+boss were also great. Had good fun with the cycle too but I wish you could actually do something with it. By the time you get it you more than likely explored the world already.

I honestly didnt like much of the DLC.

I dont like gauntlets in Zelda. I didnt like it in WW and TP and I dont like it in BotW with Trial of the Sword.
I'll also never play hard mode so that's a waste too.

The Path of the Hero should have been in the base game as it is more a quality of life enhancement than quirky feature.

Korok mask should have been in the base game.

Guardian horse armour should have been in the base game too. Seriously, horses are crap in BotW but being able to summon one from anywhere would have gone a long way in getting me to use them. Why put it in the DLC and then give me an off road motorbike?

The armour was fun to hunt out but you can't upgrade it so what is the point?
Majora's Mask is useful for when I dont want to fight (which is all the time) but in post game there is no need for weak armour. Plus you cant hold it all anyway... their buffs suck too; 'quick sideways climbing' wtf?

The added story content was meh and continued the trend of boring cutscenes and one-note characters. It was Zelda heavy too, which meant I had to switch back over to Japanese dub. It was all in the past too which means nothing was happening in the present again. These scenes could easily have been in the base game too.

The added story tasks were horrible too. The screens in the pillars showing the locations on the map looked so tacky.
They were repetitive too; race through gates, defeat enemies and repeat the same four bosses for each Champion... it was just dull busy work (and how literal are some of Kass's verses? Jeez...)

The new shrines were meh too and did nothing to stand out.

The One Hit Obliterator section was crap too. It wasn't needed and you aren't even allowed to keep the obliterator, what the hell?

The last dungeon was crap too. I wanted a new beast. I was looking forward to seeing what animal it was and where it would be in the overworld... but it was just a room underneath the Shrine of Resurrection. It wasnt an animal at all (unless I'm missing something...)

The last boss was okay, i guess, but I'm only going to remember it because it wasnt just another Ganon-blight fight.

The Master Cycle... meh. Its slow, why is it so slow? Why does it need fuel, can't you just let me have the bike with no frills Aonuma? I worked hard for it, i paid real money for to work hard and earn it.

I don't fight in BotW because i dont like breaking my weapons, so not fighting means no drops so if I use the Master Cycle i'll soon run out of materials to fuel it, which means then i'll have to fight... and break my weapons and the weapons that get dropped are never as good as what I lose so then I'll need to scan my amiibo to get weapons with decent buffs... just... ugh.

So what was my favourite part?
Well, as boring as the new cutscenes were, more Urbosa is good Urbosa...

tumblr_p0pxyadUhq1w2v2tjo3_540.gif

Last edited:

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
So I was going to post here but spirit summed up all that I feel about the DLC. I don’t like gauntlets, the armor was nifty and I liked the references to older games and divine beasts but why wear the VahRuta helmet when you could just wear the zora armor set and get better bonuses?

To be honest I didn’t even bother with trial of the sword. I did the obliterated challenge, which was entertaining until you lost it. Once I found that this “new story mode” that was promised was just another shrine quest, I just stopped. Shrines annoyed me anyways. Don’t get me wrong, I think BotW is a fantastic game and I love that I was able to play it the way I wanted. I didn’t like doing shrines so I didn’t play them. When I heard “new story” I thought what most people would think “it’s gonna be a whole new story” but instead they just gave us more boring ancient sheikah tech and puzzle shrines.

The sad thing is, I loved the base game. But with each dlc they add to the game, it makes me more and more frustrated and angry at Nintendo because I’m finding so many things that I don’t like in a Zelda game and I want to love it.

So basically, step up your game Nintendo! I’m keeping an open mind if you decide to do another dlc but you better not blow it again!

I enjoyed everything about the DLC really the main thing I liked was that at the time of getting the DLC I was trying to 100% the game and the DLC provided a nice break from just circling the map
millions of times to find shrines.The characters now have a buttload of personality the master cycle was a great reward and all of the DLC items where great! my personal opinion on trial of the sword is that it's hard but I'm not that good at the combat in this game so that's just my opinion

PrincessZeldaHylia

The White Goddess
I'm more of a story person, so I loved the extra story content in Champions' Ballad. I loved getting to learn more about the Champions' backstories and how they all felt about each other. Except for Revali, because Revali is a dick. xP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom