• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Favorite Nintendo Series' in Order

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
What Nintendo franchises tickle your fancy?

1. The Legend of Zelda
2. Animal Crossing
3. Pokemon

Those are my absolute favorites. Unfortunately I've never been a huge Mario or Donkey Kong fan, and I've never played a Metroid game. Star Fox would be up there, though. So what about you guys?

Reactions: Pen

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
1. Zelda
2. Fire Emblem
3. Metroid
4. Mario
5. Donkey Kong

Zelda and Fire Emblem are liked a lot more than the other three though.

1. Punch Out
2. Zelda
3. Mario
4. Smash
5. Metroid (haven't played many Metroid games, but they are fantastic. I like Castlevania more, but that's a Konami series, so it's probably busy being cut up and sold to the Pachinko fiends)

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
1.Mario
2.Zelda
3.Star Fox
4.MOTHER
5.Fire Emblem
6.Pikmin
7.Pokemon
8.F-Zero
9.Kid Icarus

don't really care for metroid or kirby bar a couple games,anything else i either haven't played like animal crossing or both that and are too obscure to mention like advance wars
also im not sure how to include other series' from the mario universe [wario,yoshi,& donkey kong]

1.) Metroid

Metroidvania is my favorite genre of video game, and Metroid Prime and Super Metroid are among my most favorite games of all time. If we ever get another true installment, I hope they don't decide that Metroidvania is a dead genre and go for another Fusion/Other M entry (which I still loved, but not as much).

2.) Fire Emblem

This type of strategic, turn-based gameplay has taken its place as one of my top favorites in gaming as well. The stories and characters spanning pretty much every single entry make it that much better for me.

3.) Pokemon

My most nostalgic gaming series of all time, and one I never get tired of. The series has never gotten stale for me, and I welcome each installment with open arms.

4.) Mario

I've always really liked the core 3D entries, and Mario Galaxy is my second favorite game of all time because how flawless it seems to me. I have begun to wear out on the 2D entries in part due to Mario Maker, so I hope another true 3D Mario 64-style game is around the corner.

5.) Zelda

Extremely questionable game design and presentation issues have made this one tumble several spots over the years, but TPHD has reminded me how much I used to love the series. Here's hoping Zelda U does something to right the course.

Haven't really played the others series all that much to properly rank them.

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
My Top 5 Nintendo series from favorite to least favorite are:

1. Pokemon

2. Animal Crossing

3. Fire Emblem

4. Smash Brothers

5. Legend of Zelda

1. Super Mario

Super Mario is the most innovative franchise of all time by far. Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario 64 were huge leaps forward for the industry, but even when Mario isn't completely redefining games, he still has amazing outings like the two Galaxy games and Super Mario World.

2. Mario Kart

With the exception of Mario Kart Wii, I've been addicted to every single Mario Kart since Double Dash. I still play Mario Kart 7 and 8 online regularly. For such a simple premise, Mario Kart continues to innovate and deliver tons of hours of fun.

3. Super Smash Bros.

Smash is another franchise that I lose track of time while playing. Yeah, the single player was toned down a bit this time around, but the online is better than ever. If I want some alone time, there's Adventure Mode in Melee, Subspace Emissary in Brawl, and Smash Run in Smash 4 3DS.

4. Splatoon

Okay, I know Splatoon is only a single game right now, but based on its tremendous sales, I have no doubt it's spawned a new series. It's a deceptively simple game, and I absolutely love Turf War and Splat Zones. I still occasionally revisit the single player too for the epic boss fights.

5. The Legend of Zelda

I haven't liked the recent Zelda games as much as the classics with the exceptions of A Link Between Worlds and Spirit Tracks. I'm tired of partners who hold your hand across your journey and constantly nag you about performing the most basic duties. That said, the dungeon design and music has always been spectacular in Zelda.

6. Wario

I'm referring more to the Wario platformers here than WarioWare, but I like both franchises. I am a huge fan of collecting loot as a meaningful reward in the Wario Land games and all of Wario's hilarious transformations.

7. Fire Emblem

I'm still very new to this franchise, having only played Awakening and Fates. Playing on classic and stressing over how to finish a battle without losing any units can be quite unbearable in the moment, but the distinguishing feature of the franchise is very rewarding down the road.

8. Metroid

Metroid is a fantastic franchise with its nonlinear pathways and multiple areas to explore, but the reason I can't rank it any higher is because I haven't had the patience to actually beat a Metroid game. I'll need to go all the through Super Metroid and Metroid Prime when I have some time over the summer.

9. Star Fox

I've only played Star Fox 64 thus far, which is a pretty short game, but I got hooked on getting high scores and unlocking alternate pathways pretty quickly. The local multiplayer dogfights are also pretty cool.

10. Pokémon

Pokémon is probably going to climb up my list a lot this year, since I have had a lot of fun replaying Generation 1 on my 3DS this year. The problem is I haven't actually bothered to complete a new installment since Pearl. I feel the newer regions lack some of the charm of the first three.

My top 5 Nintendo IPs in order of how much I like the most of the games and how fun I find them are:

1. Star Fox
2. Animal Crossing
3. Legend of Zelda
4. Super Mario
5. Metroid

PS. I don't consider Smash Bros an IP. It's more a collection of IPs all in one game. Same deal with Blizzard's Heroes of the Storm.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
1: Zelda
2: Metroid
3: Xenoblade
4: Pokemon
5: Fire Emblem
6: Splatoon
7: F-Zero
8: Smash
9: Kid Icarus
10: Donkey Kong