• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Your Favorite Music in BotW

Ninja

Well well well
Piggybacking off of this thread based off of the general opinions of the musical scores in the game, this is a thread where you can post your favorite tracks from Breath of the Wild. While there was not absolutely stunning music everywhere in the games, there were some pretty cool tracks that paid homage to older pieces.

Breath of the Wild OST for reference said:

My favorites so far:
Hateno Village (Day)
Zora's Domain (Day)
Rito Village (Day)
Hyrule Castle
Divine Beast Vah Ruta
Guardian Heart Attack Theme

Feel free to post your favorite music pieces.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator

funnier6

Courage~
Hyrule Castle springs to mind, I'm sure I liked other music but I was consciously aware of liking the Hyrule Castle music so there. :P

Oh yes, and the dragon music.

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Nothing. The soundtrack is extremely minimal and hardly memorable.

Okay, fine. Tarry Town.

Hyrule Castle theme
Cave theme
Dragon theme

I like the music that plays when the Champions open fire on C. Ganon and half his health.

I also like the track that is played during the credits which was also featured on the second half of tge Lufe in the Ruins trailer. Personally i think this shoukd have been the Hyrule Field theme.

That's original music, of course i love the Rito theme (remixed Dragon Root, the feels!) and Zoras Domain too.

Last edited:
For fun, the music in a "test of strength" trial ... i just dig that funky tune.

The Rito Village music is beautiful ... like, truly beautiful. Yes, it's a remix of Dragon Roost from WW, and I still LOVE the Dragon Roost theme from WW... but the BotW version is ... for lack of a better way to say it ... more sophisticated.

Hyrule Castle music is cool, but it's nothing special.

The music when a dragon is flying over you is VERY nice. I love when that music starts.

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
Personally I liked the music in Hateno Village during the day because behind the marimba lines is what sounds like Uilleann Pipes (A type of Bagpipes used primarily in Irish folk music). Likewise I also loved the music anytime a dragon flies by at night especially with the Erhu in the background so gorgeous and so dream like.

This is partially determined by the loudness of my humming/yelling when I hum/yell along with it:

1. TRAILERS
2. Dark Beast Ganon (phase 2)
3. Main Theme
4. Molduga Battle
5. Zelda's Awakening
6. Sheikah Tower
7. Revali's Theme
8. Every town theme
9. Encounter With Sidon
10. Stables
11. Watch out for the Flowers
12. Stables
13. I really want to go on but I'm already at 12 so yeah

Tarry Town,Life in the ruins(trailer),Korok Forest,Main theme.
So sad.The Main theme is the Main theme,But you can only hear it once in a file.(Speedrunners try and skip it.)
Also dark beast ganon phase 2? 3? I can't remember.The one with A bit of Main theme.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Overall I found the soundtrack to be quite lacking compared to the abundance of catchy themes found in other Zelda titles. They were also spread out rather than us recieving excellent pieces of music near constantly. However there were a few gems in this one for sure:

Molduga Theme
Zoras Domain
Stone Talus
Akkala ancient tech lab
Monk Maz Koshia battle
Korok Forest
Hyrule Castle
The Grand Divine Beast
Calamity Ganon

I also liked one of the dungeon themes but I can't remember which one it was now

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
One of my favourite pieces is the Lost Woods/Maze theme. I definitely warped back to shrines within those areas for the sole purpose of just listening to the music. I also enjoyed the themes for Urbosa, Gerudo Town, dragon appearances, and travelling on horseback. And of course, who could forget about this gem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom