• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Your Favorite Music in BotW

BotW had some good songs and the soundtrack as a whole is artistic and fits the atmosphere of the game quite well. However the majority of the soundtrack was too focused on atmosphere and not on melody. I also feel that the decision to distance the compositions from themes and melodies from older titles was a bit detrimental. I understand Nintendo was in the breaking conventions mindset when developing BotW, but they can't forget that nostalgia is what made the series what it is and quoting themes and melodies from previous titles goes a loooooong way to bringing memorable locations, characters, and experiences to the world of Breath of the Wild's Hyrule. The majority of any game's immersion is in the audio. They could learn alot from FFVII Remake imho.

First time I played BotW I plugged in earphones, then got fed-up with the inane noise so played it on mute.
I do still play it a lot silent but if I know I’m going to Hyrule fields I plug in to hear the Gaurdians!

My number one favourite track is without a doubt “Mount Hylia”. It’s the music that plays whenever you’re outside of a Shrine in a place of high altitude. It’s magical, serene, peaceful, and mystical.

My second favourite track is then easily the night-time riding theme. It’s instrumentation is very mystiying and surreal.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I do really enjoy the Molduga Battle Theme, Korok Forest, Monk Maz Koshia and Tarrey Town. Those are the ones I can think of from the top of my head

My favourite might actually be the Shiekah Tower theme. So simple yet so atmospheric, beautiful and calming. Others include:

Dark Beast Ganon(all phases)
Lost Woods/Maze
Rito Village
Final Trial
Vah Medoh

Last edited:

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Wow, this whole list and I don't think anyone has mentioned Malanya's Spring. That would probably be my favorite, followed closely by Kass' Theme. There's a remix of Kass' Theme on Smash Ultimate that I totally adore.

Although I have to admit, the soundtrack itself was a tad... undewhelming

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom